Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Vardy

21 minutes ago, FIF said:

With the way Vardy is playing this season he should be calling himself that.

Three really good chances today and he fluffed them all. 

It's amazing that we didn't open the purse strings and bring in a no.9 who can score NOW in the January transfer window. Look at the difference old man Higuain has made for Cheatsea.

Sorry, but you can't compare Leicester to Chelsea. Higuain gets balls from Kante, Hazard, Willian etc. For every striker a great feeling to be fed by such top players - Jamie unfortunately has only mediocre footballers Grays, Maddisons, Ghezzals and other untalented players next to him.

I feel sorry for Jamie Vardy, because it can't be fun that way and then so-called fans expect him to take every chance to score. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

1. You've misread the thread. 

2. You're talking complete shit. 

He was everywhere today trying to get involved and link things up. He was constantly moving in the final third getting touches and trying to tee up Barnes and Co. 

Not to mention he was sprinting back in the 85th minute to try and make tackles and get the ball back when everyone else was just strolling. 

He's had some very quiet games with crap service, yes, but making that comment after today's performance is just dumb. 

I hadn't misread the thread. I'm thinking JV should be taking more of a look at himself, instead of all this dressing room drama. 

He did show some effort today, but generally service or no service some of the touch statistics and some of the passing we've seen recently is pretty good evidence that something is amiss or that his confidence for whatever reason is shot. It was more a comment on a large proportion of the season in general, and fair to him he has said that he's struggling. But still, the JV of years past would have buried both chances he got today. 

Edited by SecretPro

Having watched the clip in question, the main words I could make out were - "Why... F*****g k***head."

(Although it did appear, "...talking to them", might have been in the phraseology when he turns around).

Irrespective of whom it was directed, too however, he clearly is not happy.

Edited by Robin JD Popley

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sorry but how does that video clip show he's talking about Puel?!

Could have been the ref, a Utd player, another team-mate, a fan in the crowd!? 

Just because one clip shows Puel & Pogba and the next shows Vardy saying something, does not mean it's about Puel lol fvcking hell.

The person who started the thread, never even mentioned Puel, all he said was Vardy is not happy, and he is dead right

8 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Only a matter of time before an article comes out from Vardy's journalist mate

Or Rebekah posting a long post on Twitter saying that her husband is a fully innocent and nice guy who wouldn't do that, never etc..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Gotta feel for one of the top English strikers who is barely getting a sniff at the moment. God help us when he loses abit of pace. With regards to the actual "news" he could be saying that about anyone really let alone Puel!!!

8 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

The person who started the thread, never even mentioned Puel, all he said was Vardy is not happy, and he is dead right

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It being directed at Puel is on the tweet which is on the link

Exactly. And it could also be at the others mentioning Puel lol

37 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Did Puel come out to applaud the fans? Seen him talking to Pogba but didn't notice him applauding.

If he did would it change your opinion on him? Seems like the kind of thing he'd get zero credit for if he did and torn to pieces if he didn't.

Why should he or any of the players applaud the fans today? We were beyond bad been to rowdier funerals. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

OK Poirot. Prove it from looking at it yourself instead of reading and accepting what the person who tweeted it said. 

???????? not sure i get what you're saying tbh, I commented on page 1 of the thread what it looks like he's saying and it does look to me that he's directing it at Puel. Not that it matters, I think he's probably frustrated and blaming his lack of goals on Puel, that's fine with me, Vardy isn't a bad player, he's just off form

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

If he did would it change your opinion on him? Seems like the kind of thing he'd get zero credit for if he did and torn to pieces if he didn't.

Why should he or any of the players applaud the fans today? We were beyond bad been to rowdier funerals. 

I think it's pretty poor if a manager or player doesn't go over to applaud the fans if I'm honest. My comment was aimed more at the fact he certainly had the time to talk to Pogba at length but I personally didn't notice if he applauded the fans. Granted where we worthy of applause? Probably not, but we're paying fans and it's a little gesture of appreciation.

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

???????? not sure i get what you're saying tbh, I commented on page 1 of the thread what it looks like he's saying and it does look to me that he's directing it at Puel. Not that it matters, I think he's probably frustrated and blaming his lack of goals on Puel, that's fine with me, Vardy isn't a bad player, he's just off form

Fair comment. I missed your opener. Apologies for that although I don't agree with you on Vardy being justified if he did. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

Vardy should not be starting every game. It is bloody obvious to anyone watching that we need a CF with experience and quality playing a style similar to Puel's.  I have no idea what political pressure Claude is under to play certain players, or what financial constraints we have at present, but Vardy doesn't participate in the build-up, doesn't come back to the ball, and unless there is a deflected ball in front of goal, has become more of a problem than a solution. He is hurting us more than helping, as his style of play removes a participant in the build-up, so we wind up playing a man down up front relative to what we would have if we had the right type of CF.

We didn't need to go spend 30 mill on a guy. What we really needed was a veteran player on the back-side of their career who was well-versed in this style. Someone with some height who comes back for the ball and can pass our outside players into the action. We should've grabbed someone in their 30s on the cheap just to see wtf we look like with the proper type of CF out there. If we have anyone on the u-23s (wtf happened to Ndukwu is he out injured or what?), we should try them rather than Iheanacho, who should be banished for life from the club.

• Like 2

Just now, splinterdream said:

Are you talking about the ball that comes from Barnes at pace which he swipes at with his left foot?

Was that the cracking pass served up on a plate to be slotted  home by 95% of premier league strikers ? 

Gary wouldn’t have missed that , mind you neither would Ian Marshall ?

2 minutes ago, vanity said:

Vardy should not be starting every game. It is bloody obvious to anyone watching that we need a CF with experience and quality playing a style similar to Puel's.  I have no idea what political pressure Claude is under to play certain players, or what financial constraints we have at present, but Vardy doesn't participate in the build-up, doesn't come back to the ball, and unless there is a deflected ball in front of goal, has become more of a problem than a solution. He is hurting us more than helping, as his style of play removes a participant in the build-up, so we wind up playing a man down up front relative to what we would have if we had the right type of CF.

We didn't need to go spend 30 mill on a guy. What we really needed was a veteran player on the back-side of their career who was well-versed in this style. Someone with some height who comes back for the ball and can pass our outside players into the action. We should've grabbed someone in their 30s on the cheap just to see wtf we look like with the proper type of CF out there. If we have anyone on the u-23s (wtf happened to Ndukwu is he out injured or what?), we should try them rather than Iheanacho, who should be banished for life from the club.

Wow, so you'd rather replace Vardy who was bagging them for fun before Puel's 4-2-3-1, and give up on a £25m 21 year old who had a great record at City and had a great pre season when playing with 2 upfront? Maybe we should try playing in a different formation, more attacking when at home when we've very little to lose before we give up on our strikers.

• Like 2

Just now, splinterdream said:

Wow, so you'd rather replace Vardy who was bagging them for fun before Puel's 4-2-3-1, and give up on a £25m 21 year old who had a great record at City and had a great pre season when playing with 2 upfront? Maybe we should try playing in a different formation, more attacking when at home when we've very little to lose before we give up on our strikers.

That is what I just said, isn't it? You don't think it makes any sense to have a CF who is actually comfortable and good in the 4231? What, you think Claude's formation is making him miss all these chances?

And how did I manage to draw out the one Leicester fan who actually values the garbage output we get from Iheanacho? I thought you lot were extinct! I'd say Nacho should go play with the u-23s the rest of the season, but they are trying to win their league, and we really ought not sabotage their chance by foisting that pouty, low-effort headcase on them. 

Mate, we absolutely should not reverse course and build our entire attack around an aging striker who is primarily reliant on his speed. Well, unless you want to go back to battling relegation. I don't think Vardy should be replaced entirely, but to have him starting week in, week out is hurting the club. Not that there is anything left to do about that.