Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Vardy

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Ok, but he's missed 12 big chances now this season and he's 3 goals behind on what you'd expect from the chances he gets: https://understat.com/team/Leicester/2018

If you look at his xG per 90 as a measure of quality of chances, he's on 0.56, as close to the title winning season (0.63) as he's ever been. It's not that he's not getting the chances, it's that he's missing them. His lack of goals is his fault, not Puels

Oi, you with the stats - people round 'ere prefer made up rubbish that suits their agenda! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Ok, but he's missed 12 big chances now this season and he's 3 goals behind on what you'd expect from the chances he gets: https://understat.com/team/Leicester/2018

If you look at his xG per 90 as a measure of quality of chances, he's on 0.56, as close to the title winning season (0.63) as he's ever been. It's not that he's not getting the chances, it's that he's missing them. His lack of goals is his fault, not Puels

how easy are the chances he's getting though? Today he had an overhead kick at goal which on another day goes past the the keeper and a ball in from Barnes at pace which he swiped at with his left foot, not easy chances. There was one other chance he has which he had more time than he realised i think.

At the game today in P1 and didn't hear any booing around me though I would imagine if fans booing anyone, it'll be at Puel rather than the players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

It's part Vardy's fault and part the system. Strikers will get chances but if the chances are few and far between in frustrating games then it's harder to remain alert and composed to bury the majority of them. Last season his stats must have been impressive, he still got 20 league goals in this system although he did still have the wizard behind him pulling the strings. 

Theres so little end product from this whole side, horrific passing and decision making from Chilwell, Mendy, Ndidi, Maddison, Gray etc. Barnes looks to be very eager to make forward plays but he too will suffer from a lack of end product for us I'd imagine. Hes started promising though.

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

how easy are the chances he's getting though? Today he had an overhead kick at goal which on another day goes past the the keeper and a ball in from Barnes at pace which he swiped at with his left foot, not easy chances. There was one other chance he has which he had more time than he realised i think.

At the game today in P1 and didn't hear any booing around me though I would imagine if fans booing anyone, it'll be at Puel rather than the players.

That's what the xG measurement exists for, it's stats nerds putting a number against the "he should have scored that" comments that have existed since football began. And they're good enough that he should be scoring more than he is, let alone by his standards

I think this is part of the problem.I see no link with the players from Claude. Having a chat with fellow Frenchman instead of his players is the type of thing that would annoy me if I was a Leicester player. Also Maddison and Vardy look like buddies so i`ll be very surprised if he wasnt cheesed of with Madders being hauled off on the hour. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'd have took Wilf or Mendy off, bought Okazaki, Ghezzal or Iheanacho on and got Maddision to sit deeper

And if he had done that and Pogba scored/created another goal, he would be slated for matching Maddison up with the likes of Pogba in the middle of the park. 

43 minutes ago, FIF said:

With the way Vardy is playing this season he should be calling himself that.

Three really good chances today and he fluffed them all. 

It's amazing that we didn't open the purse strings and bring in a no.9 who can score NOW in the January transfer window. Look at the difference old man Higuain has made for Cheatsea.

For around the first time in a while I admittedly agree with you, here.

Spot on.

I assumed it was about Mike Dean tbh. 

The press will no doubt try and make out that its about Puel and blow it up, they love a controversial Vardy story and to stick the knives in Puel. 

It's funny how the press have spent all season telling us Puel is under pressure then at the same time defending him for being under pressure when it's mostly them that's said he's under pressure. 

Like the board have always backed him and Wolves away is probably the only time I've heard fans sing for him to be sacked. Yet it's always "THE LEICESTER FANS ARE NUTS THEY'VE ALMOST GOT GOT HIM SACKED" and it's just like... no it's you lot wanting a story. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

To be a top striker in the Premier League you need to have a bit more to your game than an ability to hang onto the last man and hope for a through ball. Otherwise you end up a one trick pony like the Andy Carrolls of this world. 

I'm sure Vards has some extra niche's in his locker, he's proved how good he is at what he does, bit his first touch has been shite, his passing even shiter and his general contribution poor.

Bring on all the 'no service' etc etc.