Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Spurs Away Post Match 3-1

1 minute ago, Cujek said:

3 mins to go we back passing to the keeper, 2 mins to go we have a corner and look like we have all the time in the world.

This team has no intensity, desire or ambition, are a soulless empty reflection of what we used to be.

I can't see how we are going to get another point all season playing how we do. 

I Would rather have Warnock as manager than this turd, at least we would have a bit of fight about us.

They have been since 2016 , today was a decent performance and this manager needs time and deserves time 

4 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Pretty sure that's 5 defeats and 1 draw in the last 6 matches. That's ONE point. The other games? Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss (including loss to 4th division Newport). WOW! I don't really know what to say. I suppose I should just reiterate what is said on here ad nauseum: Where would be be if we didn't have such a Wonderful, Wonderful, Charismatic Manager?? FFS. WOW.

Where would we be? Who cares? Having another manager doesn’t automatically mean we’d be further up the table; we may well be lower.

Struggle to see how anyone can have a proper moan after that performance, we were undone by our own lack of composure up front and clinical finishing at the other end. I think the future is bright (especially if Tielemans keeps that up).

2 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

F**k sake, he's given him heaps of game time since he's returned.

Barnes getting tonnes of stick on social media, despite his shooting he had a great game for me.

Most of those are probably those who were screaming for Puel to bring him back off loan and then play him.

Played them off the park, tactics and selection spot on from Puel today. 

If we can sign Tielemans up, keep hold of Ricardo, Chilwell, Maguire, Maddison & Barnes, we’re nailed on top 6 next season. 

I don’t ever recall us having such a young and talented team.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

So many points:

1. That was NOT a good Spurs side today. If we had any cutting edge, we’d have at least picked up a point.

2. Not starting Vardy was suicidal. Are those who applauded Puel for this now going to admit you were wrong? There were plenty of you.

3. The football we are playing is chaotic. We can look brilliant, then concede goals so easily it’s unreal. What is the game plan? Does anyone really know?

4. We have some good players at the club. What I don’t think we have is the best manager we could get to organise them well enough

5. It’s a results business. For all the pretty play and huffing and puffing we have conceded another three today and are dropping down the table like a stone. What’s that now? 1 point in 15 or so?

6. Tielemans is head and shoulders above anything we have in the midfield. If there is any way we can make him permanent, spend the money.

There will be many on here who slap each other on the backs and say ‘we played well’. Look past that, look how disjointed we are and how easily we concede.

Careful dont buck the trend 

2 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

F**k sake, he's given him heaps of game time since he's returned.

Barnes getting tonnes of stick on social media, despite his shooting he had a great game for me.

He did have a great game. His confidence infront of goal, however has droppped enormously since being recalled/having his goal go down as an own goal

Feel so deflated after that. The losses to Palace and cardiff etc are extremely annoying and disappointing but today was a huge injustice. We've hammered 2 of the top 6 in the last 2 games and got nothing. Our lack of finishing is so bad, id have backed Huddersfield to score more today. Its clear to see we have a very talented team but we are so young and naive and it showed today. Barnes would have scored 3 today if he was playing at WBA. To lose that game on the balance of play and the chances created was disgusting but to lose 3-1 is an actual footballing robbery. Fair play to spurs for being clinical but we've absolutely destroyed them today and should have scored at least 6. Never seen us create so many easy chances and only score 1. On the plus side, Tielemans looks like a top player, even if we only have him until the summer. No coincidence we created a raft of chances when he came into the team. Really feel for claude and to a lesser extent the players today. Whilst the players are the reason we've got nothing today cos of inept finishing, the fight, spirit and our general play was excellent today. They will be pleased with themselves except the finishing. 

Defeat aside. It was a really good performance from us today. 

Whatever is happening with Vardy and Puel, it needs to end because it hurt is in this game. We played really well and with Vardy up top and Gray in place of Ghezzal, that looks like a very exciting team. Tielemans brings it together. 

We had a go and we lost. If much rather that than the guff we've been watching for most of this season. 

• Like 1

Fed up with the lack of ruthlessness in this team.

Yes, yes, yes, we deserved more from that game.

But when are they going to learn? That aimless cross by Chilwell that led to their third goal summed us up, I'm afraid. As did Barnes's hopeless finishing.

So disappointing. So frustrating. 

Another match I've come away from completely baffled. Generally speaking, for me, there's a big question mark over Puel but he got the best out of the team today bar woeful finishing which he CANNOT take responsibility for. We were class in midfield, Tielemens - WOW. Ndidi also looked good today. Teams have bad patches in front of goal but this is just something else now. We've made Man U/Spurs etc look ordinary but come away with the win and it's so painful to watch happen. I just hope for Puel's sake we can crack on and put in these types of performances against all standards of teams. Finally, I just get the impression Kasper has lost his edge recently. Still a decent keeper and over the last few years you could rely on him to save the teams neck constantly with 1on1's etc and pull off some wonder saves. But every time another team comes anywhere near our goal you instantly know its going in. That's about it...

Edited by bfox

When Claude inevitably goes in the Summer I think we’ve got a real exciting future. The rest of the season could be a slog, it could end up being alright but either way I think our future is bright. There’s a proper team in there somewhere.

Just a shame that the likelihood of Tielemans signing permanently is slim. Looks like exactly what we need in the middle

• Like 2

That result just flatters spuds we could have had the better of if our chances were taken really shows we need to bring in a quality finisher think Gray is a quality player but he’s no out and out striker, Can see Tielemans become a quality player for us when he beds in and to thing if that shot/cross would have gone in last minute first half how different a game we would have had second half ?

Second half again showed a lack of a finisher thinking also if only Vardy had started but as some on here have stated letting Vardy sit on the bench if he’d fallen out with Puel for some reason and benching him for personal reasons is just wrong, he’s been a great goal scorer for us can only be a negative against Puel if that is the case be interesting to see the fall out from this !

Oneards and upwards onto the next game !