Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

8 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

And keep all the dead wood.

Some perhaps but not all. They’ll go toward the end of the window, some probably on loan because of the wages they are on here.

12 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

And keep all the dead wood.

I think you may have a point.  Some need to be given away for free.  Just cut the losses and move on.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There must be part of him that wants see where we go under Rodgers, one more season and he could be playing in Europe anyway. I get the pull to join a household club and the wages that come with it but right now it must be very good to be part of this team. Man Utd will pay £100m to bring Michael Keane back.

Really he wants Champions League football, he don't want to be playing Maccabi Tel Aviv on a Thursday night.... Sit tight Slabhead, you'll get your CL Football.

Just now, Simi said:

I personally think he will go, United will panic and pay over the odds. 

Very happy with our stance though. It will stand us in good stead for future windows. We'll be fighting hard to keep Chilwell, N'Didi, Maddison, Ricardo, Youri etc over the next few years. But clubs will now know we are not to be ****ed with. I think our policy of allowing one big player to depart each year is sensible. It still allows players with top level potential to join us as part of their development, but knowing when the time is right we will allow them to move for the right price. It also allows us to keep some continuity in the squad and not having to reshape the squad each year. 

Obviously in an ideal world players wont want to leave us as we will be competing at that level, but for now, we're doing the right thing.

Possibly, but if that's the case then I'm surprised they haven't done so already. They know we won't lower the price, so if they want him, what are they waiting for? Delaying the signing just gives Solskjaer less time to work with Maguire. What's the point of that? And by the sounds of what Rodgers said last night, we've heard zilch from Man Utd for some time now...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Possibly, but if that's the case then I'm surprised they haven't done so already. They know we won't lower the price, so if they want him, what are they waiting for? Delaying the signing just gives Solskjaer less time to work with Maguire. What's the point of that? And by the sounds of what Rodgers said last night, we've heard zilch from Man Utd for some time now...

To add to this - Rodgers has explicitly said that we have a cut-off point and if we don't get a satisfactory bid by that date then Harry will stay. The specific date of that hasn't been publicly revealed, but I wonder if we've even told Utd of that (as its not been leaked, I'd wager not). They may eventually panic and make the offer we're asking for, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they leave it too late in the window and we just turn them away regardless.

After yesterday I'm much more confident that we'll see Harry in a Leicester kit next season.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

To add to this - Rodgers has explicitly said that we have a cut-off point and if we don't get a satisfactory bid by that date then Harry will stay. The specific date of that hasn't been publicly revealed, but I wonder if we've even told Utd of that (as its not been leaked, I'd wager not). They may eventually panic and make the offer we're asking for, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they leave it too late in the window and we just turn them away regardless.

After yesterday I'm much more confident that we'll see Harry in a Leicester kit next season.

It must be at least a week before the window closes surely, if we're to have a chance of getting a replacement in, or using the cash to spend elsewhere in the squad. The fact that he's still featuring in the pre season matches suggests they're not close to getting a deal done.

15 minutes ago, lanefox said:

The gift that keeps on giving

5C0C117C-8E60-419A-B980-4BC8230C258C.png

Do we seriously think that Maguire had a pre-planned message to deliver to the fans in the event of him scoring at that end? He had about two seconds to think about his celebration and it ended with a wave and a thumbs up that in the grand scheme of things means absolutely nothing!

Now had he produced a devils mask and a pitch fork from his left sock, then we would have a story.

2 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

Do we seriously think that Maguire had a pre-planned message to deliver to the fans in the event of him scoring at that end? He had about two seconds to think about his celebration and it ended with a wave and a thumbs up that in the grand scheme of things means absolutely nothing!

Now had he produced a devils mask and a pitch fork from his left sock, then we would have a story.

I took it as he was just waving to fans then quickly thought shit everyone think I’m waving bye so changed it to a thumbs up! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I took it as he was just waving to fans then quickly thought shit everyone think I’m waving bye so changed it to a thumbs up! 

Pretty much this, too much is being read into it, it’s not like he bowed or anything like that

4 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Not like you seem to take it personally or anything...

I take very little in life personally, sir. And certainly not this.

I just find it baffling how a parody account can fool so many gullible people.

As a general point, I don't find these parodies particularly funny anyway.

Hope that explains it, sir.

• Like 1