Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

4-1 Hoodezfield Post Match Thread

Didn't look like we went all out today, probably got out of second gear in a few sporadic spells. A good win and did exactly what we had to do. Fair play to Huddersfield, hope they come back up a better more experienced unit. We won't get any easier games than that. On to the Toons!

Madderrs man of the match by a mile. Controlled the midfield and made the Huddersfield players looks baffled at times. Showed up Hamer something fierce too. 

While Madders was the standout, Vardy, Kasper and Ndidi played very well also. Farquaad was terrific bar that one horrendous pass. Hopefully that'll boost his confidence. Gray was awful in the first half,  much, much improved in the second. Happy to win 4-1 when we didn't, in truth, play all that well.

I'm a little baffled why Brandan bought Shinji on? To rush the defence, I suppose, but his first touch is so poor. He doesn't really offer us anything more, especially since we are a passing team now. 

Hope hope hope Vardy is okay. Seemed to pick up a niggle at the end of the game.

• Like 1

I think the scoreline flattered us quite a bit. We deservedly won and our quality shone through, but I think we were decent without being fabulous. I think we were better last week at home to Bournemouth for comparison.

Lots of solid players, Maddison probably MOTM for me, but Ndidi, Vardy, Tielemans, Ricardo all very solid and Soyuncu deserves some praise too. Never a penalty though did make a shocking pass which would have resulted in a goal against better opposition.

But at the end of the day 4 wins in a row with a very young team, Vardy back to his best and we just look good. The best teams have that feeling of "quality" all over them and we already have that despite our young team. We have many class players and since Rodgers came in we have looked very creative. I do think though that another forward / winger is needed as we are too reliant on Sir Jamie.

Loving the Rodgers Evolution!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

We'll win the league again next season.

As for today that was Maddison's best performance since about October time, MOTM.

I don't know about that but I reckon we could hand the title to Liverpool this season when we beat Man City. 

• Like 2

Good win against a very very poor team. We should have had no less.

Maddison my motm, silky. Tielemans class. Vardy deadly. Kasper on form.

Soyunco very good but for the late poor pass. Ndidi good. Barnes way too good.

Ricardo started weak but then got better and better. Chillers had little to do.

Wes okay, Gray great on the ball but needs to borrow billy's boots.

Only negative today was bringing Okazaki on for Barnes. Barnes was playing well and had over 60 minutes to go, Okazaki did nothing and lead to 2 or 3 good chances for them and a bing swing in the game. If he wanted to some to run around he should have brought on Hamza and if he wanted someone up front then Iheanacho.

Been a run of poor teams under Brendan so far but we've put them away and looked like we have so much potential. Going to be an interesting last few games.

Did I say that I thought we'd finish 7th this season? Am I Mad?

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Tielemans Silva 1-0

IG9yVAI.gif

Big Ben, still king of the bantz.

In goal in a Premier League match, and he breaks out an interpretive dance based on the death of the wicked witch.

witch.gif.15aa2d32cdca1235ba56043902da5ac9.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Why didn’t the player get a red card when he fouled Vardy? 

Double jepody rule:

The penalty (if a deliberate attempt to get the ball) is punishment enough).