Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

18 minutes ago, shailen said:

Bournemouth must be deflated after seeing today's results. Could be a good chance for us to capitalise tomorrow. 

Or they could be motivated...

Hope we don’t see the ever-giving City tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Norwich probably planned for this tbf. Stormed Championship, spent less than a million, down with parachute payments and will probably make top  6 next season then have a better go at staying up. A bit like Burnley did.

Disappointed to lose Norwich as an away day though as Carrow Road is a great ground.

It's not really is it let's be honest. It's a shit hole. It's a dump. The most exciting thing about Norwich away is you can use the bogs in Morrisons when you're busting before the game. 

• Sad 1

Although our performances against Norwich were poor, and the results equally so, I wouldn't read too much into today. Classic example of going a goal down, any confidence goes and they accepted their fate.

Norwich have been awful since the restart.

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Is this the 'ever-giving' City that's in 4th place currently?

The one that was in third place less than a week ago...

And that was comfortably in second place not so long ago.

Edited by NaijaFox

14 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Most of our fans want Deeney out but probably a few not so vocal today.

We get 2 pens today probably for less obvious fouls than the wrestling by Norwich and Southampton players that have gone unnoticed in previous games.

I've been keeping up with the Hornets Nest thread on Pearson and it looks only 50-50 to me.

You are a clear-eyed lot though lol

HornetsonNP.JPG.e26c157b0cca01ee13ec61ac2f5fd0fe.JPG

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Watford might have doubts about Big Nige but they have been far harder to beat since he got involved. 

There might be an occasional no show like with us in 14/15 but he's done an excellent job once again.

They looked like a lost cause after our game yet all but safe now. Congrats @Super_horns

I think most of the fans like him.

They blame the players more and our transfer business.

• Thanks 1

Yeah hope we do Nige a favour and ease some pressure on them by beating Bournemouth (obviously that's still secondary to helping our own chances for CL football). 

I'm hoping Bournemouth come at us a little now they know they have to win to survive after earlier results. That suits our game as opposed to trying to break down a defensive set-up.

They've conceded the 3rd most goals. We've scored the 3rd most goals. Time to make that show!

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

Looks like Big Nige has done his job, whether he gets the job beyond is in doubt but he's survived twice barring a collapse.

Done his reputation a world of good. After his stints at Derby & in Belgium plus the way he is perceived in the media I thought he was pretty much finished in terms of getting a job in this country in the top 2 divisions. 

Even if he doesn’t stay at Watford his stock has risen and he’ll have far more job opportunities than before he went there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I think most of the fans like him.

They blame the players more and our transfer business.

Would he stay there?  Or look for other options?

He's a long-term builder, and that is a job on a knife edge.  Where the DoF has all the say on recruitment -- and has assembled a squad with too many of the type of characters Pearson typically cuts out.

Not much chance of him being his own man there, and that strikes me as no fit for Nige.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Done his reputation a world of good. After his stints at Derby & in Belgium plus the way he is perceived in the media I thought he was pretty much finished in terms of getting a job in this country in the top 2 divisions. 

Even if he doesn’t stay at Watford his stock has risen and he’ll have far more job opportunities than before he went there.

Definitely should see him in with a chance of a Championship club again or even a struggling PL side.  Compared to after he was sacked in Belgium. 

38 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's not really is it let's be honest. It's a shit hole. It's a dump. The most exciting thing about Norwich away is you can use the bogs in Morrisons when you're busting before the game. 

It really isn't close to being a shit hole but yeah the toilets in Morrisons are handy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

The Shame is now,  The  Manutd vs West Ham fixture......Wham have nothing to fight for..!!!

We need to stop worrying about Yanited. They are not losing any game now. Chelsea are our best hope of top 4. We need to win as many as we can hopefully 3 and maybe drawn United. That is the only way to be sure.