Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Jattdogg said:

They have a plus 13 or so goal advantage over watford and 3 points. Unless they get spanked the last two games they arent going down. Their last game is villa so unlikely to lose big there.

And also requires Watford to win by ten at the emirates ..... I’m a tad confused that anyone thinks West Ham aren’t completely safe 

• Like 1

Grealish is a quality player who deserves a big move, but a bit like Zaha, im not sure if the really big clubs would want him, and he'd be too expensive for the likes of Spurs, Wolves, us etc. 

Edited by martyn

The only thing going In Watford’s favour is playing Arsenal last. The only way they can get into Europe now is by winning the FA Cup. 
I fully expect them to rest everyone for the last game of the season.

West Ham are not safe yet, especially with playing Villa last game, this should be a huge factor in making sure they don’t get thrashed by Man Utd. 
A draw or even a narrow 1/2 goal loss would ensure they’re safe. 
Looks like a great final day of football coming up.

Golden Boot Race could be fun too, with Vardy leading the pack. Ings 2 behind and playing Sheff Utd, Salah 4 behind with 2 to play and as I said before I can’t see Aubameyang playing against Watford.

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

West Ham would stay up and Bournemouth would go down, as it is now.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

then Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich would be relegated ....... Bournemouth need Watford and villa to lose 

My mistake, sorry, as initially thought West Ham are on 35/36 points..

Shame they're out of it.

Fine margins etc.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Bournemouth absolutely can stay up

if villa and Watford both lose and they win then they stay up 

I thought the Poster meant instead of...

Yes your right Watford & Villa lose & Bournemouth Magic a win,so their cause is Not yet lost...

Going to be interesting to see if sky go with 'survival sunday' or 'race for the top 4' on Sunday. I imagine all games are on but are they split over the 4 providers? Or are they all on sky? Red button etc. 

Important win for the Villa and now they have managed to get themselves into that driving seat going into last game against West Ham, yep Villa played well maybe they had a lot of luck you know Arsenal did look tired from Saturday but this is football for you. Watford on the other hand perhaps didn't do themselves any favours even though they were playing Man City they allowed themselves to look soo poor and clueless... I'm not sure even if Pearson was around they would have won but they would have at least put a performance to give them confidence for that last game. Lost the GD now which as gone in Villa's favour now and boosted their confidence going to their game.

It's going to be some final day at top and bottom of premier league.

Edited by Leicesterpool

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

There's a truly brilliant piss-take of Alan Smith on these Celebrity FIFA videos from Sonage Gaming:

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Terrible touch. 

They're amazing lol

That bit from about 15mins onwards in the match. Absolute gold. The bit with Michael Owen randomly too lol

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Going to be interesting to see if sky go with 'survival sunday' or 'race for the top 4' on Sunday. I imagine all games are on but are they split over the 4 providers? Or are they all on sky? Red button etc. 

BBC and Amazon have already used their allocations up. BT said during our  game that they have 2 games on Sunday. That means Sky can have up to 8 games if they want. They can show 6 on their various channels before they get to the red button. I can't see them showing that many though. Some games have nothing riding on them so I can see those being ditched. 

We'll find out tomorrow when they're announced. 

HOLY DAMN, I did not see the results today until now! My mancrushes on Pearson and @Super_horns were the only reason I really wanted Watford to stay up, and I think they've completely shot it sacking him at such a ridiculous time. 😐

I mean I don't really waaaaant Villa to stay up either, but if it's one of the two at this point I guess I have to tilt for them. Enjoy both away days but yaknow, local derby innit?

Just goes to show how important goal difference can be, and may well be for so many teams, ourselves included this season.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I take it you’re referring to the Sheff Utd game. But tbf I remember earlier in the season when they got fvcked over at Palace and lost 1-0. There’s lots of things that come round.

Yeah I get that, but there is only one team to have benefitted by something that should never ever ever have happened

• Like 1

Villas Lawyers could argue villa would have tried to win the game had they known a draw would send them down.They would also argue watford launched zero legal action at the time the game was finished.

at best watford could ask for the game to be replayed which could cause a right old mess for the league