Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Arsenal post match 3-0

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

Really?

Looked classic 2016 vintage to me.

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Long ball?? You sure about that? :doh:

Next thing I'll read or hear is that Leicester were a counter attacking team in that Season lol

We scored 5 possibly 6 counter attacking goals that Season.

Fantastic performance today (although have to say Arsenal were utterly pathetic)

A couple of quality additions in the summer and we could really be cooking!

Aim has got to be to be knocking on the ceiling of the top six next season :scarf:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Next thing I'll read or hear is that Leicester were a counter attacking team in that Season lol

We scored 5 possibly 6 counter attacking goals that Season.

What?  Have I slipped into another dimension?

Yes, of course, we were a counter attacking side, we always had less possession than the opposition.  We invited teams on and played rope-a-dope football.

• Like 2

Just now, murphy said:

Yeah.  Long ball springing Vardy in on goal.  Drinky played a few of those.

I don't remember much pace in Little's team.  

No - they were perfectly weighted and delightful through balls on the counter...so did Fuchs. 

I recall a pre-match interview with Jan Vertongen accusing Leicester of long ball tactics in 2016 to huge indignation and outrage on here and overall amusement in the press. 

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Yeah.  Long ball springing Vardy in on goal.  Drinky played a few of those.

I don't remember much pace in Little's team.  

Aside from Joachim, there wasn't...but a similar route 1 tactic used to pick him out. And in the absence of pace in Little's squad...that's precisely why you would play long ball. 

To be fair to Kasper, he spotted the opening, and in view of Arsenal's sluggish defence hit the perfect ball down the middle and Vards did the rest. I concede, that long ball generally aims for big men in the box, but it was nonetheless as I said route 1. 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There wasn’t much - went to the Burnley game 

Ah that explains why maybe I can't find it :). Can find everything else.  :scarf:

EDIT: It's on Sky catchup.

Edited by Drift

Just want to ask a question, what makes a top striker, most fans say you've got to do do it against the big teams or meaningful matches or achieve something, so what 's the agenda against VARDY, most no marks would rather have a Jimenez over a Vardy, i know why, but the fact is if you watch all all the so called top strikers properly in the so called top 6. It won't show you Aguero poor touch or Kane running around like a headless chicken, Vardy class in myopinion world class and what that means is on his day he could make the greatest defender in the world look silly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Pleased for Hamza, was everywhere again today, broke up play so fantastically well, reminded me of Kante in some aspects, a complete engine, never stopped battling in the middle. 

N'Didi looks back to his best without the pressure of playing the ball. 

Albrighton's defensive aspects were a really plus today. Gave Madison and Pereira time to play. 

Overall a fantastic performance and one that keeps us in it mathematically, 5000/1? :vardy:

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

No - they were perfectly weighted and delightful through balls on the counter...so did Fuchs. 

I recall a pre-match interview with Jan Vertongen accusing Leicester of long ball tactics in 2016 to huge indignation and outrage on here and overall amusement in the press. 

Aside from Joachim, there wasn't...but a similar route 1 tactic used to pick him out. And in the absence of pace in Little's squad...that's precisely why you would play long ball. 

To be fair to Kasper, he spotted the opening, and in view of Arsenal's sluggish defence hit the perfect ball down the middle and Vards did the rest. I concede, that long ball generally aims for big men in the box, but it was nonetheless as I said route 1. 

Well yeah, long ball or route one is generally meant to mean hitting a big lump up front like Walsh or Iwan under Little.

That's not what happened with Kasper's assist.  It was meant for Vardy to run on to which is why I call it 2016 style not Little style.

Anyway, great goal, great game.

3 hours ago, FIF said:

That first half we were incredible, Hamza was fantastic. I think that puts to bed the idea that he's just a CDM who can't play alongside N'Didi.

Hamza should be given the armband now.

Headband

• Haha 2

Immense performance. So dominant from start to finish it was unreal.

It's a rare thing when every single player has a good game. Rodgers looks like he is the perfect man to oversee the development and progress of this exciting young team. Sign Tielemans and another striker, keep everyone else, and we can aim very high next season and beyond. Seriously exciting times ahead.

The only disappointment of the day for me was that we didn't give the Arsenal fans a lengthy chorus of 'can we play you every week?' Jesus, they were beyond pathetic!

• Like 1

What a performance! I wouldn't swap our squad for AFC or Uniteds players. Top 6 is a real possibility for next season. Especially if we strengthen well in the summer.

Sign Tielemans and get drinkwater on the cheap as back up. CM 

A quality striker is a must. Too many squad players we've bought for that position, in the past. Time to bring in some real quality with pace/mobility. Even a player to play up front with vardy like that relationship he had with Nugent back in the day for the lesser teams.