Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Carabao League Cup 2019/20 Thread

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Ward

Justin Morgan Benkovic Fuchs

Choudhury Mendy

Barnes Praet Gray

Iheanacho

I wouldn't want to go with two DMFs, especially away from home against what will no doubt be a similarly disjointed Newcastle side. Start with one or the other and then switch later in the game. Preferably Mendy since he'll be getting less gametime than Hamza this season.

Frees up an extra space further forward then - you can slot one of Silva, King or James in as a CMF to keep them game-fresh ahead of the January window and we can see what Praet is all about in that advanced role without having to worry too much about being the box-to-box engine. I'd wager if his final ball is as good as it's said to be, Kelechi should get some joy.

Otherwise, that team is bang-on.

Edited by OntarioFox

On 14/08/2019 at 11:55, Stuntman_Mike said:

I really do struggle to understand some people's logic sometimes. 

Moaning because we've got a dodgy cup draw yet you'd all be scrambling for tickets if we made Wembley, or at the parade if we actually won it. 

There is nothing wrong with this competition and we certainly are not above it just because we're a premier league brand. 

Aren't people moaning more because it's an arsehole to get to and Newcastle, comparative to who we could've drawn, represent a test? People want to get through and the easiest draw presents better opportunity. This is a tough draw. Nobody is sneering at the competition.

35 minutes ago, Langston said:

Aren't people moaning more because it's an arsehole to get to and Newcastle, comparative to who we could've drawn, represent a test? People want to get through and the easiest draw presents better opportunity. This is a tough draw. Nobody is sneering at the competition.

There were a few comments sneering it. 

I appreciate it's not a great draw and even worse it has fallen on my birthday ha.

• 2 weeks later...

Rodgers said there will not be "wholesale" changes for the match so I can't see  him playing a second string side.

Also I'm flummoxed. Many of you say you want  a cup run but then pick a second string side to play. This tie is against PL opposition.  Without some starters we could easily lose this. 

• Like 1