Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

1 hour ago, Lizhang said:

Indeed a Flemish name. For proper pronounciation, check this video 25 seconds in. It's repeated a few times throughout the video.

I’d assumed French and not Flemish.

I’m actually relieved it’s Tee-le-mans because, let’s face it, not many Leicester fans would ever have pronounced it “...mon” even if it was correct 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mistyblue said:

Don’t be too harsh?

Ay Ay ...Ay Ay Youri Tielemans

You came back to Leicester 

So we wouldn’t miss yuh

And now we can love you for ever

To tune of Mariachi Ay Ay Ay Celina Linda (just Google). Thought tune was a German beer festival type but apparently it is mexican?can just imagine KP crowd swaying while singing this , the words are quite simple and should be difficult to sing to quickly.

Anyone else need the season to start

I think this has potential. I don't think it scans as you've written it, though. It's a bit closer if you lose the "ay ay ay ay" at the beginning and just start with "Youri Tielemans" over "ay ay ay ay" in the original. I think it needs a bit of work to make it catch on, but I reckon it could be perfect.. 

Youri Tielemans

or...

Ay ay ay ay

Youri Tielemans

...can fit the first two lines. I think the second two might need tightening up or changing, but I love the tune! Very memorable.

Chorus, 55 seconds in...

Edited by Raw Dykes

Didn’t we used to 

6 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think this has potential. I don't think it scans as you've written it, though. It's a bit closer if you lose the "ay ay ay ay" at the beginning and just start with "Youri Tielemans" over "ay ay ay ay" in the original. I think it needs a bit of work to make it catch on, but I reckon it could be perfect.. 

Youri Tielemans

...fits the first two lines. I think the second two might need changing, but I love the tune! Very memorable.

Chorus, 55 seconds in...

Didn’t we used to sing this many moons ago? We all agree Leicester City are magic or something similar?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Didn’t we used to 

Didn’t we used to sing this many moons ago? We all agree Leicester City are magic or something similar?

Yes vaguely remember that and it also had the line 'Forest are tragic' somewhere as well. This sort of gives away the fact that you're not one of our youngest supporters as also perhaps? ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Didn’t we used to 

11 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Youri Tielemans

or...

Ay ay ay ay

Youri Tielemans

...can fit the first two lines. I think the second two might need tightening up or changing, but I love the tune! Very memorable.

Chorus, 55 seconds in...

Thanks for loading video , it was beyond my capabilities?

Yes the second option was the one I intended , just need something simple to get stadium singing like with the Vichai song and would be great to make Youri feel welcome ?

8 minutes ago, Mistyblue said:

Thanks for loading video , it was beyond my capabilities?

Yes the second option was the one I intended , just need something simple to get stadium singing like with the Vichai song and would be great to make Youri feel welcome ?

That's alright. I reckon it's probably easier than you think - you can just copy the address from the bar at the top of the screen and paste it into your comment. It gets embedded automatically.

Yeah. I realised just after I posted the comment that the first bit does fit. I just think the last two lines would need a bit of work to get the song to catch on. I think you picked a great tune.

I agree - a player like YT deserves a belting song to make sure he knows we appreciate him choosing us. I think you're onto a winner.

To the tune of walking back to happiness by Helen Shapiro (yes i'm old)

He Looked good in Royal Blue

whoopa oh yeh yeh

He has now left Manaco

whoopa oh yeh yeh

We wondered if it was true

And now he plays Vardy through

Youri Youri Tielemans

He's now a blue

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Posted this in the main forum earlier, it's been doing the rounds on Twitter.

Tune: Stone Roses, Sally Cinnamon

Until Youri I was never happy, 

I needed so much more,

Rain clouds oh they used to chase me,

Down they would pour,

Join my tears, 

Allay my fears,

Sent to me from Belgium, 

Youri Tielemans you're my world

20 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

At the risk of being a pedant, it was £150k. Sold him for a new record to Leeds after one (relegation) season for £165k. 

I think the reach & subsequent relegation rather put us in our perceived place for 40-50 years!