Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshie is God

Soyuncu

14 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Hopefully will put in a good performance tomorrow so we don't go spending £40 million on Dunk or something equally as ridiculous

Here's hoping. 40m on Dunk would be madness I'm not even sure he's better than Duffy for them, 40m is a ridiculous price.

9 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

That was Benkovic.

Sending someone to Scotland to improve their English is like sending them to France to learn good manners. :D

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it was Soyuncu.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SO1 said:

Rodgers watches him every day in training. After what I saw against Brighton last season he'll be fine. His ability on the ball was second to none.

People need to chill and support the club instead of jumping on every mistake they think a center half makes. Its not 2 players defending its the team...... together.

Absolutely spot on mate. How many mistakes or bad decisions has Gray/Barnes and to be fair Maddison made but because they score goals they get away with it. I see plenty of potential in Soyuncu and he’s very similar to Maguire in my opinion.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ithuriel said:

From what I have seen of him, I just have no confidence in him, really cant see us breaking the top six with a defence left short if we buy no one else and Maguire goes.

Replacing Maguire with either of Dunk or Tarkowski will offer us nothing better than we already have - avoiding this car-crash just means we can strengthen in other areas.

• Like 1

We have to give him a chance people on here seem all to eager to criticize a player the only way to judge him is to play him in the team. People on here were criticizing the decision to buy Jonny Evans last season, but he turned out to be our best CB last season. If you are expecting him to be as good as Maguire is you are living in cloud cuckoo land Maguire only got better by playing in games.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep that's true which is why I'm sure if he makes mistakes he will be dropped. But what I'm saying is that if literally at the first mistake he makes there is a collective groan, it's doing no one any favours.

And even if we sign a more proven CB, there is no guarantee that player will come good either. Evans was shocking in his first couple of games for us.

That's a good point.  He really was bad against Wolves but became our most reliable performer.  Ricardo also took a run of games to get to grips with the PL.

We therefore can't judge Soyuncu on his handful of games spread over the season.  He needs a run of games himself.  It's a risk but the club already took that gamble when they signed him, time now to give him his chance.

• Like 2

Letting Soyuncu go would be a massive mistake imho. The lad just needs game time. He is genuine quality and I am confident he would come good just have others have said. Every player makes the odd mistake, even Messi and Ronaldo. 

57 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

Absolutely spot on mate. How many mistakes or bad decisions has Gray/Barnes and to be fair Maddison made but because they score goals they get away with it. I see plenty of potential in Soyuncu and he’s very similar to Maguire in my opinion.  

But bad decisions and mistakes in attack cause missing an opportunity rather than most likely conceding a goal.

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We had to be subjected to over a full season of gaffs from Chilwell, when we had and still have a perfectly proven and capable left back in Christian Fuchs. Sometimes we have to believe in the process. Soyuncu was immensely rated across Europe from his time at Freiburg and it came as a surprise that we got him, the only negative was the main club that pursued him for a while were Arsenal and they wouldn't know a proper defender if it hit them full ball in the face. In all seriousness, if he were joining this week and Benkovic was then there'd be very little complaints. Go and read back through the threads last August on him and Benkovic if you're not convinced. Essentially we've seen 60 mins if we were lucky of Benkovic vs Fleetwood last season in the cup and a smattering of appearances of Soyuncu. They are nowhere near enough to justify the doubts that have seemingly spiralled, we have 2 extremely promising centre halves. I wouldn't mind but Maguire makes a lot of errors, they don't all directly lead to goals but neither have Soyuncu's.

Brilliant post. Just wish the doubters would calm down and leave this to BR and his team to resolve.  FT is merciless sometimes with younger players.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Bit off topic but PLEASE can we get behind this lad? Come over to a foreign country (his second foreign move) and learning a third language. He’s young, he’s raw, he’s going to make some mistakes. You know who was also young, raw and made mistakes? England international Ben Chilwell. The world’s most expensive defender in waiting Harry Maguire. James Maddison. Wilfred Ndidi. Etc, etc.

He may or may not turn out to be a good player but I’m sure getting behind him would be a good way to start!

He may well start as a first choice CB so let’s all cheer him on if he does!

No knives out till Christmas at the earliest!

And the prize for the most ambitious statement on FoxesTalk 2019 goes to……………

……… @StriderHiryu

He will have my support at least :scarf:

He looks like a tremendously exciting young prospect…. Rawness can only be dealt with by experience and patience …

Edited by Wolfox
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

But bad decisions and mistakes in attack cause missing an opportunity rather than most likely conceding a goal.

Exactly... almost as suicidal as goalkeeping mistakes. It cannot happen, and he gives off the impression so far he has too many in him

4 hours ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

Lots and that's why they both got dropped. 

Sadly Soyuncu has made catastrophic mistakes in every game. Far beyond a bit of slopping positioning or poor clearances etc, like some of the other lads put in back there. Nobody has written him off, he's shown enough to see he's got talent, but trusting someone to be a starter when they can't put in 90 minutes without presenting an absolutely nailed on goal scoring opportunity, then you really can't put your faith in that yet. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We had to be subjected to over a full season of gaffs from Chilwell, when we had and still have a perfectly proven and capable left back in Christian Fuchs. Sometimes we have to believe in the process. Soyuncu was immensely rated across Europe from his time at Freiburg and it came as a surprise that we got him, the only negative was the main club that pursued him for a while were Arsenal and they wouldn't know a proper defender if it hit them full ball in the face. In all seriousness, if he were joining this week and Benkovic was then there'd be very little complaints. Go and read back through the threads last August on him and Benkovic if you're not convinced. Essentially we've seen 60 mins if we were lucky of Benkovic vs Fleetwood last season in the cup and a smattering of appearances of Soyuncu. They are nowhere near enough to justify the doubts that have seemingly spiralled, we have 2 extremely promising centre halves. I wouldn't mind but Maguire makes a lot of errors, they don't all directly lead to goals but neither have Soyuncu's.

Agree completely. I fear for the guy, if he doesn't hit the ground running he's a strong contender for the whip-boy spot.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Totally agree with all of this, some posters are asking if we could get Garry Cahill in till we suss out if Benkovic or Soyuncu are good enough, we've had them over a year, how are we going to know unless we give them both some serious game time.

47 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Exactly... almost as suicidal as goalkeeping mistakes. It cannot happen, and he gives off the impression so far he has too many in him

Well no, if we've allowed the others to mature into good players, why go against that policy now?

17 hours ago, Gerard said:

More than happy to give our young CB's that we spent £30m on last summer a chance to make the step up and partner Evans.

We still have Morgan as well. if none of them make the grade then we can look at the situation in January.

If we were buying Soyuncu now people would look at his profile and think it's good business, he has excellent pedigree with 24 caps for a proper footballing nation like Turkey, 50 Bundesliga appearances and he also made the team for Bundesliga team of the year. 

Time for Cags to step up and shut the doubters up. :thumbup:

I'm sorry, I don't know your source, but 2 weeks ago I wrote...

...Soyuncu was only an average player in Freiburg/Germany and therefore he is not fit for the much better Premier League.

He was never nominated in a Bundesliga team of the year...