Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshie is God

Danny drinkwater loan to Burnley

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

Hopefully that'll help him sleep easy at night and he won't be kept up thinking about how he went from a week in / week out starter at a progressive Leicester with England opportunities to being an immediately forgotten man at Chelsea who ended up on loan to Burnley.

With respect, you don’t know how his career would have unfolded had he stayed.

He had his injury issues whilst here, were it not for them it could be argued he’d have had more England caps.

The injuries he’s had at Chelsea would have probably manifested themselves here, and no matter how talented he may be, a broken player isn’t playing, ala Matty James.

Cashing in at Chelsea’s expense was possibly a blinding move for us and for Danny in those circumstances.

• Like 2

Didn't necessarily begrudge him a big move, though I understand some people being irked at the way he left. On the other hand, him leaving when he did ensured we got another season of Mahrez's magic, even if he was as mardy as possible.

I feel a bit sorry for him though the way he's been treated at Chelsea - I said at the time they only wanted him because he'd boost their home grown quota, and that's pretty much it. Burnley would be a great move for him, I hope it all works out.

Served with distinction in the 5 years he was here, fantastic player in the League-winning season and was as off the mark as the rest of the team the season after. Since then though there seems to be a prevailing myth he wasn't a massive part of our team for five years, and went to a bigger club where he thought he could compete for a place.

It's been a travesty for him at Chelsea but he deserves a lot more respect than he gets from corners of our fanbase, personally hop he can revitalise his career there.

Best of luck to him. Given he's had a couple years on the sidelines a lower-midtable club like Burnley is probably about right for his ability. For his sake it'd be good to see him get fit again and start putting in some decent performances.

Can't fault him for wanting to make the step up (when we looked like we were stagnating), so no ill-will from me. I'd like to think he'll get a warm reception at the KP, although there'll undoubtedly be a few who decide to boo, unfortunately.

• Like 2

Only can wish the best for DD, was a brilliant player for us.  Cant blame him for leaving, it was an ambitious move to try and get into the Chelsea team. At the time, we all thought it was possible he could replicate the unbreakable CM due with Kante, but it wasnt to be. Shocked at the cretenious 'fans' on here laughing at a player who gave us 110% during his time and was instrumental in our PL winning season. Whilst no one expected he would pull up any trees at Chelsea, it was sad to see him be left out of the squad entirely.

Fair play for him to going to Burnley where he should get more of a guarentee of game time and try and revive his career.

• Like 1

One of my favourite players, especially during our title winning campaign in the Championship and Premier League.

I wish him well, hope he gets back to fitness and proves everyone wrong.

People who slag the likes of Drinkwater and Mahrez off, title winners here ffs, are the same people that stand and clap the likes of Hume.

4 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Curious to see how he does playing again. Interesting that even with a transfer embargo and new manager, he still wasn't wanted at Chelsea. Awful move for him but again, can't judge him too harshly as he probably genuinely thought he could make it at Chelsea.

Good luck at Burnley! Needs to do well there or could see him dropping into the Championship next season if he can't stop the slide in reputation 

Thats it really...Can he still cut it at PL level. He Really wasnt fancied at Chelsea,then Barkley just took over.There was nowhere he could go from there.

Financially a Good 2 years. Still can Play in the PL,He can still Show if he can deliver around,through,and control midfield..Can he give enough to Burnley,

to hold them from relegation....Is he bothered ??  his loan is only until January....

I have no hard feelings....Some Quality for Burnley,but Not a walk in!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xen said:

Best of luck to him. Given he's had a couple years on the sidelines a lower-midtable club like Burnley is probably about right for his ability. For his sake it'd be good to see him get fit again and start putting in some decent performances.

Can't fault him for wanting to make the step up (when we looked like we were stagnating), so no ill-will from me. I'd like to think he'll get a warm reception at the KP, although there'll undoubtedly be a few who decide to boo, unfortunately.

Its obvious ..everybody who boos on Leicester terraces,das just demented lost  Coventry fans,schoolkids or including pot Smoking

30-50 olds...

Edited by fuchsntf

I’m torn.

Ordinarily, I’d want Burnley and their middle manager of a coach to descend out of this league.

But I want Drinkwater to do well.

So I hope he plays well in a struggling team.

Wish him all the best at Burnley, played a pivotal role in our title-winning season (among pretty much every single player in that team). Who'd have thought when he was once down in the pecking order, behind James?

Chelsea was the wrong move for him from a sportive perspective, not the wisest of decisions (but he'll be well off financially, mind).

Hoep he can revive his recently stalling career at Turf Moor. Should be good enough to warrant a starting spot and be influential in midfield for them.

Just not against us, thank you. :D

Hope be can resurrect his career and pleased for him that be hasn't decided to sit on the bench collecting a huge wage without any hope of playing. Hopefully he does well and can get a move. 

As mentioned above, with his injury problems I'm sure we were willing to let him go considering the money offered, hopefully he can stay injury free now. 

In all honesty I've not been that bothered about how he did at Chelsea considering how he left us, I  thought it was a bad move for him at the time and so it proved. However, considering what he did for us and what he achieved can we all have a bit of class when he returns and applaud his name when read out otherwise we might look like a bunch of ungrateful dicks. Think embarrassing football fans thread. 

Who was it one of their fans said was better than him a few years ago, David Jones?

Anyway yeah it'll either fitness or tactical, he should've done preseason work with Chelsea if he wasn't injured, unless he completely gave up on football and thus his wages too - unlikely