Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Exclusive Jamie Vardy interview:

1 hour ago, davieG said:

He has long since installed a cryotherapy chamber at his home to protect fatigued muscles and spare himself the agony of the post-match ice-baths.

I thought it was pretty impressive when we were one of the first clubs - back in the Championship under Pearson - who were regularly using cryotherapy chambers as a means of rehab/recovery. Vardy going out and geting his own is something else though, clearly very dedicated to his fitness and it certainly seems to be working. From the sounds of those pre-season fitness stats in the article and Vardy's attitude he could genuinely be playing at a top level in the PL for another 3-4 seasons despite his age.

Leicester legend, without a doubt.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Leicester’s third game of the season is away to Sheffield United at Bramall Lane, or as Vardy – a lifetime Sheffield Wednesday fan - likes to call it, “Abuse Vardy day”. “I can’t wait for that,” he says. “It does not bother me at all. At away games I get dog’s abuse and if anything it just spurs me on a bit more. You would think the fans would realise to stop. I might not play as well.” He was on the bench for a League Cup game at Bramall Lane two years ago and relished the hostility. “I made sure my celebrations were very over the top when we scored,” he says. “It’s all looking like that will be a good day.”

LOL what an absolute joker. 

Love Vardy!

• Like 1

From Wednesday reject to world class superstar striker. The last of the title winning Holy trinity still at the club. 

1 million pound bargain of the century.

What else can there be said about him that we've not all expirienced in the 6-7 years he's been here? 

One of those, that when he retires and we'll be telling the kids and grandkids about him. 

Worth a statue or a stand named after him.

Take a bow Jamie Vardy... As we sing your name, forever. 

• Like 2

I loved how Vardy's celebrations got more and more in your face when he kept being booed at West Brom but just didn't stop scoring.

His left foot volley recently is probably one of my all time favourite Leicester goals.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I loved how Vardy's celebrations got more and more in your face when he kept being booed at West Brom but just didn't stop scoring.

His left foot volley recently is probably one of my all time favourite Leicester goals.

He feeds on the salty tears of the opposition.

And he knows it too lol

• Like 1

Just now, LC/FC said:

He feeds on the salty tears of the opposition.

And he knows it too lol

Spurs at home when he volleyed over Lloris after the Spurs fans had been giving it the biggun.

The 11 in a row goal against United after they'd been singing about Van Nistlerooy.

Swansea at home after they'd sung about Euro 2016.

Too many to count.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

He has lost a yard of pace though - actually he's 3 yards a second off his fastest pace lol But seriously, I think that he doesn't quite has the legs that he used to (not that they've gone, but he's not at his peak) and I stand by that. There's been a few foot races that I think Vardy of old would have won, and you notice he conserves his energy a bit more; he doesn't quite chase down literally every ball as much as he used to, even if he does still work ridiculously hard.

It doesn't really matter though - he's still ridiculously fast compared to most players, plus he's adapted his game, and improved it in other ways. He's still lethal in front of goal and an incredibly intelligent footballer. But it's not a slight on Vardy to say he's not quite as fast as he used to be. Time waits for no man, and he'll be 33 this season.

Like others have said, would absolutely say he's the most important player in our history, bar none.

That's 0.3m/second off his fastest...

I agree he doesn't chase down every ball now, but wonder if that's just because he's a bit wiser and realises that a lot of the time it's pointless, doesn't have to prove himself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charl91 said:

He has lost a yard of pace though - actually he's 3 yards a second off his fastest pace lol But seriously, I think that he doesn't quite has the legs that he used to (not that they've gone, but he's not at his peak) and I stand by that. There's been a few foot races that I think Vardy of old would have won, and you notice he conserves his energy a bit more; he doesn't quite chase down literally every ball as much as he used to, even if he does still work ridiculously hard.

It doesn't really matter though - he's still ridiculously fast compared to most players, plus he's adapted his game, and improved it in other ways. He's still lethal in front of goal and an incredibly intelligent footballer. But it's not a slight on Vardy to say he's not quite as fast as he used to be. Time waits for no man, and he'll be 33 this season.

Like others have said, would absolutely say he's the most important player in our history, bar none.

30cm per second of his fastest which is a foot in old money.

I know there is a keenness to get another Vardy from non-league but I doubt it will happen, he's a one-off who really should never have been at that level.

And the article confirms things like his professionalism and wanting to stay fully fit and ready despite the past he's had.

Here's hoping he can bag another 15-20 this season and push towards 100 Premier League goals.

7 hours ago, Corky said:

I know there is a keenness to get another Vardy from non-league but I doubt it will happen, he's a one-off who really should never have been at that level.

And the article confirms things like his professionalism and wanting to stay fully fit and ready despite the past he's had.

Here's hoping he can bag another 15-20 this season and push towards 100 Premier League goals.

Vardy’s truly a one-of-a-kind striker. I can’t think of anyone currently at his level of production that plays with the same style and same attitude as he does.

Hahahaha they are going to fcukin hate him at Brammall Lane and you just know there will be a goal from him. 

It's quite astounding he's only ever scored one hat-trick for us and it came against Man City of all clubs, would love another this season. Under Rodgers there'll be enough chances created for him to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1