Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

.. this seems to be the first manager to effectively set out goals for him.! 

The fact that he does not make the bench is the key as even when he was not being given playing time the bench provided an illusionary place within the team. He now has someone who will now challenge him mentally in regards to his vision of the game and his subsequent part he feels he can play. 

I have a feeling this is will be the greatest thing that has happened in his career and we could see a remarkable turn around in his actions and demeanour. Rodgers can not bring him back too soon into the fold as it cuts down on his time of reflection. The Newcastle game is too soon, we need to rebuild his game, this is not in anyway seeking to punish Gray, but an opportunity to reclaim a talent long since unused!! 

8 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Can someone explain this to me, I never get these. Is he moaning about being dropped?

I think that’s his way of showing he’s gutted that he’s not making the side or bench even, could be wrong though, it is the age of petty subliminal messaging brought by social media 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

I think that’s his way of showing he’s gutted that he’s not making the side or bench even, could be wrong though, it is the age of petty subliminal messaging brought by social media 

Its the over inflated egos of footballers who believe their every communication should be full of cryptic meaning and signifiers. 

He's dumb as a bag of rocks, too. 

• Like 1

Marc has a habit of crossing at every opportunity......something will stick if you throw enough sh1t at the wall ..........

DG is a bit of the opposite in holding the ball for too long and missing the chance of making the incisive pass

Pretty sure we will see dimi start at Newcastle and Rodgers will not ignore a good performance if he gets one .......

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Marc has a habit of crossing at every opportunity......something will stick if you throw enough sh1t at the wall ..........

DG is a bit of the opposite in holding the ball for too long and missing the chance of making the incisive pass

Pretty sure we will see dimi start at Newcastle and Rodgers will not ignore a good performance if he gets one .......

Gray starting in that game leads to a whole new thread about how serious we'll take the cups this season.

Considering Puel's team selections last season, Perez against Newcastle, fielding a weakened side, wanting to go far etc etc I wonder if he will start?

25 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Gray starting in that game leads to a whole new thread about how serious we'll take the cups this season.

Considering Puel's team selections last season, Perez against Newcastle, fielding a weakened side, wanting to go far etc etc I wonder if he will start?

would anyone consider gray and Barnes starting against Newcastle as being a bad decision ??. 

Dimi may play just behind kelechi or interchange with him as the game progresses ...... 

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

would anyone consider gray and Barnes starting against Newcastle as being a bad decision ??. 

Dimi may play just behind kelechi or interchange with him as the game progresses ...... 

Tbh and I know this won't happen I would suggest that it being this early in the season where players can't complain about fatigue, the fact we are still striving to get the team to click fully, that we have stated that we will be taking the cups more seriously than in previous years and the Newcastle game away from home is a potential banana skin, that we should look to play our strongest line up. 

As I said of course this won't happen but await the meltdown if we do make lots of changes, lose and find ourselves out of the competition we should have the best chance of winning before summer is out. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

But starting and playing well in one game is not going to impress that much. Rodgers sees him train every day and obviously Gray lacks something for Rodgers to not even put him in the squad. Of course he can impress in the cup game, but if he doesn't impress continually in training and further matches, it's back to square one.

I'm going to trust Rodgers' view here. I don't think he's rubbish (or other words used on here) but he's certainly not good enough for us to compete in the PL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I don't think it would be a bad decision and perfectly plausible to try something out. 

But considering last seasons showing and being against Premier League opposition away, I think Barnes would be the only one in with a chance of starting.

I'd predict regular starting line up options. 

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

23 yo English U21 international struggling for form. FT has gone all Wicker Man on him - nice to know that some things never change :glare:

He's been struggling for a while though and it's not like the previous manager didn't give him a chance. That said, the knee-jerk reactions about his so-called lack of intelligence and inflated ego are embarrassing. 

Maybe Rodgers not even benching him will be the much needed kick in the backside. 

• Like 2

There were signs quite early doors in my opinion that Rodgers wasn't hugely keen. Didn't start at Watford and then ended up being the player sacrificed when Maguire got sent off at Burnley. Don't think he's a big fan.

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

A winger, who stats show creates chances, getting crosses in is described as throwing shit. 

A winger, who stats show DOESN'T CREATE, not getting crosses in is described as incisive. 

This makes no sense. Face the cold fact. He's not good enough. He hasn't produced anywhere near an acceptable level. I don't even think he's good enough for a Premier league team. 

12 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Be interesting to hear what DG response would be if asked ''why do you think you deserve a starting place in the starting XI over x, y or z'' he certainly can't use stats to back himself up, or his age anymore. 

My granma always used her age..!!!   I am 75 you know.....I am 82 you know..!!