Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

There were signs quite early doors in my opinion that Rodgers wasn't hugely keen. Didn't start at Watford and then ended up being the player sacrificed when Maguire got sent off at Burnley. Don't think he's a big fan.

I thought baring in mind he tried to sign him when he was at Liverpool that he might be keen on him. I also think our best spell under Rodgers in terms of team performances came when we played 4-1-4-1 for a run of games with Barnes and Gray out wide, this was mainly due to how good Maddison and Tielemans worked in unison to feed Vardy but since he was dropped and subsequently Barnes was dropped we haven't been anywhere near as easy on the eye or threatening. What I think is important in this scenario with Gray is, the only way he gets back involved regularly is by getting a chance and taking it which equals end product. He simply has to deliver and although it's a harsh environment for him to survive, he's shown precious little reason to not demand that from him right now. At some point you have to read them the riot act ad if he can't produce then sadly he'll have to move on.

18 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Has anyone seen Chilwells Instagram post?

It could be totally different meaning but as them three normally do everything together maybe it means Gray is off?

More cryptic bullshit that is intended to make the public ponder over his deep and complex psyche, that really comes across as over indulged garbage? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Has anyone seen Chilwells Instagram post?

It could be totally different meaning but as them three normally do everything together maybe it means Gray is off?

If it's the coffee club one, then it has nothing to do with Gray.

Chilwell, Maddison, King and Elder used to go for coffee after training - coffee club. 

The 2 have left the club leaving just Chilwell and Maddison.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If it's the coffee club one, then it has nothing to do with Gray.

Chilwell, Maddison, King and Elder used to go for coffee after training - coffee club. 

The 2 have left the club leaving just Chilwell and Maddison.

Ah well there we go then lol 

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought baring in mind he tried to sign him when he was at Liverpool that he might be keen on him. I also think our best spell under Rodgers in terms of team performances came when we played 4-1-4-1 for a run of games with Barnes and Gray out wide, this was mainly due to how good Maddison and Tielemans worked in unison to feed Vardy but since he was dropped and subsequently Barnes was dropped we haven't been anywhere near as easy on the eye or threatening. What I think is important in this scenario with Gray is, the only way he gets back involved regularly is by getting a chance and taking it which equals end product. He simply has to deliver and although it's a harsh environment for him to survive, he's shown precious little reason to not demand that from him right now. At some point you have to read them the riot act ad if he can't produce then sadly he'll have to move on.

In fairness Gray was an absolute bargain at the price we got him for because he's got the profile of somebody who would go for a lot more, so I can understand nearly anybody wanting to take a punt as it's effectively a risk free signing. I saw signs early doors that Gray wasn't massively favoured and him going off instead of Barnes in that Burnley game was quite telling despite Barnes' lack of experience in what was going to become a very tricky game.

I agree and it's pretty clear what he needs to do but I just can't see him coming good now. I'm a good year past the point of not even being scared that he'd come back and haunt us by coming good elsewhere.

Not good enough for me and it'll take a big swing of form for me to change that view. It's frustrating as hell because there is talent there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Foxy harry said:

Wonder if he is mentioning the lack of play time here

20190825_190817.jpg

He should really be at a championship club pushing for the play offs, that’s his level. The fact he’s apparently on £50k p/w and maybe how good he thinks he is means this won’t happen... would be best for his development.

• Like 1

We really need what Gray brings to the pitch. When we cannot penetrate a low block, when teams have jammed the goal box with defenders, Gray is the only player with the skill to beat his man and get to a dangerous port of the pitch, a la Riyad. We need at least one player like that who can keep his level and contribute in situations where we are stymied. To date, maintaining his level has been a big issue -- praying BR gets some consistency out of him.

• Like 2

That's what we've been waiting for from Gray. He looked a threat today but the big thing for me was how unselfish he looked. He tried to find Vardy near the end and almost got an assist with the Maddison chance. Normally he would have wasted that taking it on himself. I was also very impressed with his link play with Ricardo down the right...Pure pace followed by pace. Was great to watch and the Bournemouth defenders must have been hating it. 

58 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Did well, but just proved why he's on the bench: the decision making in the last third. Same old problem and I now doubt it will ever be solved.

What was wrong with his decision making today ? I thought he got them right today.

• Like 3