Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

Was brilliant when he came on. Did all the horrible stuff well and also looked a massive threat offensively. To think, some fans last season wanted Ghezzal in the side ahead of Gray (James Sharpe formally of the Leicester Mercury being one of them). 

If it wasn’t Man U away up next, I think he actually did enough to earn himself a start in the next game. 

6 minutes ago, sdb said:

Big positive yesterday. Really hope it was the start of a new, energised and focused Dimi.

.. as previously mentioned he does start new regimes very positively and looks the part!!

We can but hope that Brendan has given him a new appreciation for the game and how he relates to the team. Having the awareness on the pitch, linking up and putting the team above his selfish needs. It does not matter if you have dribbled past a host of players and find yourself with a opportunity to shoot but your team mate is open and a square ball affords him a tap in. You square the ball!! 

My worry is he will never understand this and it has held him back for some time!! 

• Like 1

I look at it this way had a very good cameo appearance yesterday which I think was his first start of the season. Did he do enough to start next time out? not sure and will be happy with whatever BR decides. Play like this on a regular basis and he will get more game time but at the moment people are not screaming out for him to start and that has always been his problem here

Must admit I’m not his greatest fan but he did ok when he came on, he is a winger who should beat players and should cross balls and should find a decent pass to a team mate and he should track back and put a tackle in, if he can start doing these things on a regular basis he should get a run in Rodgers side.... :scarf:

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

He was ok yesterday not sure why everyone is getting so carried away lol he just came on and did a job. He won’t be starting anytime soon.

You know what. He was much better than OK. That's why he's getting the Carrot. All I see here for the most part is the Stick over and over.

How inspiring. Gets old watching players here get the stick.

As for starting, that's up to him and Rodgers.

We really need the players that we have to succeed. Instead of throwing another 30/50mil that we could be using for a position we're going to need to fill in

the next couple years. We will never be able to succeed in Europe without players like Gray coming good. We have to build depth in the squad.

Look forward to watching Gray and others get their just rewards for the hard work they put in.

32 minutes ago, SO1 said:

You know what. He was much better than OK. That's why he's getting the Carrot. All I see here for the most part is the Stick over and over.

How inspiring. Gets old watching players here get the stick.

As for starting, that's up to him and Rodgers.

We really need the players that we have to succeed. Instead of throwing another 30/50mil that we could be using for a position we're going to need to fill in

the next couple years. We will never be able to succeed in Europe without players like Gray coming good. We have to build depth in the squad.

Look forward to watching Gray and others get their just rewards for the hard work they put in.

If saying a player is ok equates to giving them stick then I give up 

• Like 1

I liked his cameo today. In terms of raw talent he’s got to be one of our best players, but something has been missing. If he hasn’t made a breakthrough by Christmas I’d loan him out to the best team at which he is likely to get consistent game time, preferably one in the lower half of the PL. I’m sure he’ll make it somewhere at some stage.

After watching Demari's game time and reflecting on his performance it seemed very promising... again. 

I hope it's not another false dawn and we actually see a *new* or improved version of Grey. 

Whilst I dont want to ever knock Leicester player, he has many aspects of his game to continue to work on the main one is his decision making. I thought he was much better albeit not a full game. He tried to pass to Vardy, unfortunately it wasnt on, he should have shot sooner instead of trying to take an extra touch. 

On a positive note, he looked fast, faster than usual (probably against a tired defense). He tracked back a bit more, I would love if he could mould his game on Albrighton's but keep his flair and ability to take on his man. 

Only time will tell if he has the will and desire to push on in his career. Working with Mr Rodgers and his team should benefit him, let's see what happens. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why does this kid never, ever takes his chances when he starts?

Granted most of the team bar Evans, Madders and Wilf were average to poor, but this guy is a repeat offender and I am sick of it.

Talk about squandering potential.