Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

Gray was  good today. Then you read tosh when so called fans question his decision making. Doesnt matter what he and some players do some fans will find fault. Sorry but for me his 20

mins was far more productive then what Barnes  did all the time he was on but nothing will be said 

• Like 4

Some people just don't like him and find it impossible to say how well he played and how good he looked when he plays well.

He was great today and created more chances in his half hour than we had in our first 3 games (well not really but you get the idea!) 

I think despite impressing in his cameo, he should continue to be an option from the bench for a bit. He looked better today than for a fair while in a Leicester shirt having been dropped for a while from the squad, and presumably been told he needs to improve, and I think giving him gametime from the bench with tiring legs could do a lot for his confidence rather than potentially be in from the off one game after a good cameo. Hopefully it'll make him hungrier and more likely to work hard to get his spot back and that can only be a good thing!

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What was wrong with his decision making today ? I thought he got them right today.

Almost. The pass attempt to Vardy, after his dazzling run, was absolutely impossible, no matter how you look at it. He went for the nutmeg, which wasn't the best option to say the least, especially in this area.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciated his appearance, but I have yet to see him do something that makes you wonder why he's on the bench.

32 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Gray was  good today. Then you read tosh when so called fans question his decision making. Doesnt matter what he and some players do some fans will find fault. Sorry but for me his 20

mins was far more productive then what Barnes  did all the time he was on but nothing will be said 

I thought Barnes was quiet but solid and worked very hard. He almost scored as well. That was the best I'd seen Gray play in a while.

Edited by srex9
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Well done today 

if only he’d pulled back for Tielemans :chant: 

His decision making at times is baffling and that final ball still isn’t good enough but he should be pleased with his performance today. He looked a constant threat. 

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What was wrong with his decision making today ? I thought he got them right today.

Thought he did a lot of the right things but that one at the end should be resulting in a goal tbh. Not trying to be down on him though because he was better than he has been.

Demari looked today, as if he is finally taking on board what the coaches must have been trying to instill into him for the last 2 years.

I hope I am right, because we  will we have  the best winger in the prem, if the intelligence of when to pass suddenly clicks.

Signs were good today

Hope springs eternal.

That was as good a cameo as Gray has ever produced. His very first touch - a dazzling layoff - set the tone and he gave the Bournemouth defenders a torrid time thereafter. Just a shame he couldn't crown his display with a goal, but massively encouraging nevertheless from a talented player who I think a lot of us had just about given up on.

• Like 1

Thought he did very well when he came on. A player who often gets the ‘sulky’ label despite there being very little evidence of this. In his 30 mins there were a couple of times he held the ball well under pressure and played clever balls for the players breaking beyond. He also got back into position often to break up play. By no means am I saying at this moment in time he deserves to start, however I am saying he deserves credit for coming on today and showing a very good attitude. 

56 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Thought he did a lot of the right things but that one at the end should be resulting in a goal tbh. Not trying to be down on him though because he was better than he has been.

Yeah, I see what you’re saying but I don’t think it was the wrong decision just the execution which was missing. His thought process today I thought was spot on from numerous previous occasions where he’d take a 25 yard strike rather then playing it simple. Got me out my seat today three times which was very promising.

Just imagine if Rodgers can enhance Gray into the player he can be. Would be like a fantastic new signing. 

I’m a massive fan of Gray, desperate to see him do well here, I think a lot of the stick he gets here in regards to his attitude is ridiculous. Often the case with young, flash footballers that the average Joe can’t relate to. Unless any of you know him personally or watch him in training every day any comments about his attitude and professionalism are bizarre and/or made up.

• Like 3