Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

Ricardo Pereira

Just now, coolhandfox said:

No doubt his a excellent player!

I'm not sure Liverpool rely on Trent, instead of Salah, Mane, Firminio, Robertson's et al

So what are you referring to as the Trent role?

I assume you were about being an attacking full back? 

same way as there was defensive midfielders before makelele but he made the role his own. trent has already done similar and he's only 21. if he carries on playing this well for his whole career (probably get even better) he'll be one of the best players to have ever played for liverpool. 

just think it was a bit rude for people to say he was overhyped or "not a proper fullback" or whatever it was. he's inventing a new type of fullback, robertson's having a good go at copying him but he's not got the range. ricardo is a completely different player imho but almost as good and just as crucial to us, if not more so. it's a good debate as to who is the best "right back" in the league, and the two of them could stake a claim to be much more than just a right back. they're both streets ahead of kyle walker, for me, as well. 

• Like 3

Interesting this talk of Trent as I think his positioning which allows him to virtually play wing back will really come under scrutiny over the coming months. Atlético, Chelsea and Watford all took advantage playing in the space he vacates. 

On 08/03/2020 at 12:08, Fox92 said:

His influence in the team (one of the best teams in the World) is big though. I don't think I've seen a full back in this Country with the amount of goals assists he gets. From open play and set pieces he is clinical.

Yeah I’m not slating him, he’s top draw. I just think Ricardo is a better full back. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

same way as there was defensive midfielders before makelele but he made the role his own. trent has already done similar and he's only 21. if he carries on playing this well for his whole career (probably get even better) he'll be one of the best players to have ever played for liverpool. 

That's a big statement, we shall see. 

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

just think it was a bit rude for people to say he was overhyped or "not a proper fullback" or whatever it was. he's inventing a new type of fullback, robertson's having a good go at copying him but he's not got the range. ricardo is a completely different player imho but almost as good and just as crucial to us, if not more so. it's a good debate as to who is the best "right back" in the league, and the two of them could stake a claim to be much more than just a right back. they're both streets ahead of kyle walker, for me, as well. 

I think that mainly because defensively his isn't considered as sound as he could be, the Euro's should be a good test for him, to see how he can cope defensively in a team that's not as dominate as Liverpool.

I'd argue that Robertson is a better all rounder, due to being more defensively sound, but Trent is far superior offensively.  

He's not like a conventional RB at all. Pereira is a typical attacking fullback and is brilliant at it but TAA (I don't even like him) is one of the most creative players on the planet AND he's a rightback.

• 1 month later...

Just watching a rerun of Nice vs PSG in 2016/17 on BT. So good to see Ricky tear up the right-hand side and set up Balotelli to make it 1-0. Can't wait for him to recover from injury and get back to tearing up the right-hand side for us.

Edit: Followed by an absolute beauty of a goal from Ricardo with his left peg! :wub:

Edited by ALC Fox

Trent is one of the worst ever ‘defenders’ I’ve ever seen. He does well in that Liverpool team because the midfield three work their bollocks off and the front three and insanely good as well as extremely hard working. Both he and Robertson are living the dream playing in that team where they get to play as a winger who’s unmarked most of the time.

Ricky P would be unbelievable in that Liverpool team!

Edited by jmono84
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

Trent is one of the worst ever ‘defenders’ I’ve ever seen. He does well in that Liverpool team because the midfield three work their bollocks off and the front three and insanely good as well as extremely hard working. Both he and Robertson are living the dream playing in that team where they get to play as a winger who’s unmarked most of the time.

Oh, come on lol he's one of the best, if not THE best right backs in the world. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jmono84 said:

One of the best long range passers I’ve ever seen tho

• Haha 1

He’s a professional footballer so he’s going to have that in his locker, it’s the time and space he benefits from and in the premier league that is significant. It’s fantastic tactics by Klopp. In my opinion Trent is no way a right back from all the games I’ve watched him on tv and the games live against us, defensively he is very poor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How's his injury looking? Any chance he could be around at the end of June/start of July when we're meant to be playing the rest of the season out?

Not entirely sure. It was predicted that he would be out for up to 6 months. Unless he has a freakish recovery from his operation/ injury I doubt he would of recovered and built up his fitness again in time for July. Probably won’t be back until August time. Due to the nature of the injury I can’t see the coaching staff wanting to rush him either.

Edited by s11nny

23 hours ago, jmono84 said:

One of the worst defenders you’ve ever seen 😂😂😂😂😂

yeah that’s why he plays for Liverpool top of the premier league..

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jmono84 said:

Hope we never sign a defender as shit as him

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ricardo Pereira and Bruno Fernandes have offered to help Aves FC players financially due to the crisis at the club 

Afonso Figueiredo, Aves player, revealed that Bruno Fernandes, Ricardo Pereira and Cláudio Ramos, among others, have already made themselves available to help Aves players in this difficult moment.

"Bruno Fernandes, in addition to being a great player on the pitch, still manages to be bigger outside him. Also Ricardo Pereira (Leicester City), several colleagues of mine, Cláudio Ramos, players who were not indifferent to what is happening here And I want to thank you for your concern and also for the thousands of messages that we have received in this phase of support ", he revealed to Sport TV.

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/aves/detalhe/bruno-fernandes-ricardo-pereira-e-claudio-ramos-ofereceram-se-para-ajudar-jogadores-do-aves

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 13/07/2020 at 11:27, Lesta2014 said:

We signed madison while injured didn’t we? Although not as serious an injury?

Maddison had a Medical Cruciate Ligament injury which is usually about 2 months recovery where as Ricardos is an Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury which can be around 6 months recovery

Edited by moore_94

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Maddison had a Medical Cruciate Ligament injury which is usually about 2 months recovery where as Ricardos is an Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury which can be around 6 months recovery

Let's not forget that grealish was the cause 

• Like 1

Can't wait to have Ricky back. Hope his rehab goes well and that once he starts training he gets back to his best quickly. he will have lost a lot of his match sharpness and maybe even speed so we'll have to be patient with him but he is such a great professional and hard worker.

• Like 1