Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Watford 2-0 Post Match Thread

Made to work for it but got there in the end with a deserved win.

The epitome of our team spirit was Vardy chasing and harrying deep in added time to stop Watford going forward. Brilliant. 

Justin looked very calm and composed. Great cameo debut. Barnes continues to show his class at just 21.

Future's blue and bright. 

Whewf - we were never uncomfortable and hardly got out of 2nd gear - it was a slog and we won it. Sign of a good team, right?

You just have to grind out the wins vs the bus parkers, something we could never do last season, and we've done that mercilessly - today, Burnley, Everton, Palace - 12 points.

Worst we've played in a long while but job done. Difference when we play someone like that now is that we don't go behind. You always felt we'd score eventually. 

Feel for Barnes not getting a goal again, some big chances missed and then denied a certain goal by a brilliant challenge. Just needs to keep going because in general play he's dangerous and offers something different to our other attackers. 

Tough game that was, nowhere near our best however they came here to defend for 90 minutes and hardly threatened us.

Barnes could do with a goal im sure they will come in time everything else he does is class.

Thought Evans was MOTM as well tbf had a great game controlling and won us that pen.

on to the next one!

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Controversial opinion - I'm glad this was extremely low key victory and not a high octane game. Fixtures are piling up and the most efficient we can be with personnel the better.

I think you're right. This month you have to ignore performances, it's about results. The games come so thick and fast and every team has to rotate their squad heavily. As many have said, a number of players looked off the pace tonight, which is totally understandable given they had to push hard until deep into injury time on Sunday.

• Like 1

Just now, KingKoala said:

Yes it's good to rotate but I hope we score more in the first half so that players don't need to put as much effort.

You've got to wonder if Perez might have to make way next match. I like him but he misses so many good chances.

Watford set up in the first half to frustrate us and I think that lost us our rhythm in the game. They never looked interested in scoring. but we have found away to break them down and we leave slightly frustrated but it's three points. JJ looked class when coming on hummm jsut a thought if anyone offers us 100mill or so for Chilli we could be laughing. Not that I want to see him go you understand.

2 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

7 games in a row. 21 points out of a possible 21 - that’s nuts!

We equaled the Ice Kings record!

And yeah that is an insane stat. No way I would believe we would go on a run like that at the start of the season, and that's coming from someone who is an eternal optimist.

• Like 1