Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

Guest Hansifüx

Justin is such a good allrounder, a modern player with a great engine. I like mendy and tielemans but you can not play them together against some teams. In retrospective I could have imagined justin playing defensive midfield against liverpool instead of mendy or tielemans who looked always a  step too slow and weren't able to carry the ball forward.   

I think he's played RB, RWB, LB, LWB and CD this season.

Pretty sure someone said he'd also played every minute in the PL or thereabouts.

He's played in all 4 UEL games, starting 3.

If we were injury-free he'd rarely start.

Still learning the craft at the higher level but plenty to be excited about.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think he's played RB, RWB, LB, LWB and CD this season.

Pretty sure someone said he'd also played every minute in the PL or thereabouts.

He's played in all 4 UEL games, starting 3.

If we were injury-free he'd rarely start.

Still learning the craft at the higher level but plenty to be excited about.

I reckon hes well & truely learnt the craft,this past year...Now like all young potential Not so well known players,just needs to carry honing & developing his skills..

Ditto for Thomas....Its Great to know..Ricardo & Castagne must Not be rushed back,and can be cautiously Eased back. Even all 4 covering WB...

Find a couple of other young uns, for CB Cover of Soyu & Fofana ( wo'd have thought he would settel & Nestle down so comfortably)

then our Bline will be nion perfect ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking how well Justin has done.  He is much improved. He has played over half a season barely missing a minute and he is not even first choice.

I think he has been boosted by Fofana's arrival.  He seems to have become more aggressive.  The way each carries the ball has some similarities.

I think he still has some way to go to be first choice if all are available but he is getting there.

1 minute ago, majaco said:

I was thinking how well Justin has done.  He is much improved. He has played over half a season barely missing a minute and he is not even first choice.

I think he has been boosted by Fofana's arrival.  He seems to have become more aggressive.  The way each carries the ball has some similarities.

I think he still has some way to go to be first choice if all are available but he is getting there.

He's been phenomenal IMO. He came in having never played higher than League One, knowing he'd play second fiddle, and so far he's played LB, RB, CB, LWB and RWB and really excelling in all of them. Yet another excellent buy.

• Like 2

I've mentioned this a few times, but if England are to continue utilising the 3 at the back system, JJ would be a brilliant player to have in the squad. Able to cover both full back positions and as a RCB. We currently have Maitland-Niles in this role, who isn't particularly a regular for Arsenal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I've mentioned this a few times, but if England are to continue utilising the 3 at the back system, JJ would be a brilliant player to have in the squad. Able to cover both full back positions and as a RCB. We currently have Maitland-Niles in this role, who isn't particularly a regular for Arsenal.

I was a bit surprised to see Maitland -Niles called up for England.  I have seen him do some good things but inconsistently.  Southgate's bias for players fro  certain clubs is exhibited in this choice.  Will England internationals , Tomori and Hudson-Odoi become regulars at Chelsea?  Winks at Tottenham?  

14 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I thought he was very good today. So much energy getting up and down that flank and putting in some decent tackles and blocks. The team would've struggled this season without him. 

Agreed. And of the defensive positions, LWB, where he played today, is where he’s least effective. Still did a job. 

Needs to start taking his man on, even if it is just pushing the ball past him and using his pace. A lot of our dithering comes from him and albrighton passing back from 1 on 1 situations. 

2 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Been one of our most consistent players this year, doesn’t quite have the ability to beat a man but he’s steady every game and does the defensive stuff well, wherever he plays. I’m a big fan personally.

Yeah he's quietly been one of our better players over the last two months, despite playing 4 different positions in that time. Great addition the squad and I can see him keeping that LB / LWB spot for a while yet.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah he's quietly been one of our better players over the last two months, despite playing 4 different positions in that time. Great addition the squad and I can see him keeping that LB / LWB spot for a while yet.

It’s a tricky one, I’d be inclined to play Ricardo and Castagne because of their goal/assist output but it does seem unfair on JJ. If we are still having injuries at CB I’d much rather he play there if we are going to persist with 3 at the back.

1 minute ago, FerrisBueller said:

It’s a tricky one, I’d be inclined to play Ricardo and Castagne because of their goal/assist output but it does seem unfair on JJ. If we are still having injuries at CB I’d much rather he play there if we are going to persist with 3 at the back.

I think we would all agree but given both the RBs are injured I think both might be rotated over the next few weeks rather than playing both together. We’ll see though as Albrighton has had some good games, though he has struggled against the top sides. 

• Like 1