Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

6 minutes ago, LCFC BEAST said:

Brilliant again today I thought, albeit some dodgy passes when he switched on the left. 

Completely nullified Traore when he came on as well. 

Come on leaps and bounds this season, pleased for him! 

Mixed bag, what with the loose passes, but loved how physical he got with Traore in the first challenge. At half time I was fearing Traore coming on against Thomas, who lost the physical battle today. 

Wasn't his best game with perhaps some tiredness showing in the 2nd half but it was nowhere near his worst. Adapting to different positions he did well. Tackled well too in first half. 

Can't knock him for too much today. Another solid performance :thumbup:

Thought JJ was excellent v Braga, but I'm a bit surprised he is being singled out for particular praise today. I guess maybe because everyone expects Traore to wreak havoc every time he's on the pitch.

Defensively, he was mostly very good but not for the first time this season, he let his man run away from him when a diagonal gets floated in from the opposite flank (for the Dendoncker chance).  His distribution was also shocking for the first 30 mins of the second half, and he played us into trouble 2 or 3 times, which a more mobile side than Wolves may have exploited.

Still he's made great strides since he joined, and a really valuable bloke to have given his versatility.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Thought JJ was excellent v Braga, but I'm a bit surprised he is being singled out for particular praise today. I guess maybe because everyone expects Traore to wreak havoc every time he's on the pitch.

Defensively, he was mostly very good but not for the first time this season, he let his man run away from him when a diagonal gets floated in from the opposite flank (for the Dendoncker chance).  His distribution was also shocking for the first 30 mins of the second half, and he played us into trouble 2 or 3 times, which a more mobile side than Wolves may have exploited.

Still he's made great strides since he joined, and a really valuable bloke to have given his versatility.

Exactly this. 

He’s doing a decent job but every game he’s susceptible to letting someone drift off him and have a chance. Dendonker today and if you go back and watch the two Bamford chances at Leeds he was culpable on both.

It’s all to do with age and experience at this level where opposition players have such sharp and clever movement, but he’s not quite ready to be relied on week in week out in a side pushing for where we want to be at this moment in time.

He’ll get there in time, but right now he’s still a weak link defensively.

Worth noting how challenging it is to completely change positions mid game. And indeed in the last couple of weeks he’s played RWB, RCB, LWB and even finished today as LM in front of Fuchs. 

Inevitable his positioning might be a bit off sometimes, or some loose passes especially when playing on the left on his weaker side. 

Overall, thought he had a good game was excellent first half, a few dodgy passes when he first went to LWB start of the second half then finished strong and could’ve had a great assist if Barnes had converted. Still a WIP, but getting better every game and incredibly versatile.

One of the things I like best about JJ is that he never shies away. Always willing to offer himself defensively and offensively. He was excellent in defence today, and even though he had a few misplaced passes further up the field, he never let his head drop or looked like he didn;t want to receive the ball. Getting better all the time and his attitude will take him far.

For me, if you compare his and Chilwell's standard after a similar number of starts there is very little little in it (not to speak of JJ's versatility) and we've just sold Ben for 50 million quid.

The pace he put on show to set up the Barnes chance was impressive. He absolutely burnt Nelson Semedo - who is no slouch - for pace and put in a nice cut back.

Justin had another good game today - he's an rough diamond right now but he's got all the raw ingredients of top full back. His versatility and physical attributes have served us very well so far this season. I love his attitude and how he battles first whistle to last. The raw potential and mental application to the game means he's more likely than not to have an excellent career.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

The pace he put on show to set up the Barnes chance was impressive. He absolutely burnt Nelson Semedo - who is no slouch - for pace and put in a nice cut back.

Justin had another good game today - he's an rough diamond right now but he's got all the raw ingredients of top full back. His versatility and physical attributes have served us very well so far this season. I love his attitude and how he battles first whistle to last. The raw potential and mental application to the game means he's more likely than not to have an excellent career.

Absolutely superb signing - a steal at what we paid and could be a club legend 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Absolutely superb signing - a steal at what we paid and could be a club legend 

Early days but in terms of a player-club combination I think we're a great fit for him as a young player and he brings an awful lot to the squad. A great foray into the EFL from the scouting team and tbf to Justin, he's really grabbing the opportunity with both hands at the moment.