Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

a few blocks won’t cut it at Leicester 

To be challenging for Europe we need much better in a attacking sense

In an attacking sense he has already proved that he can produce overlapping forward play down the flanks, but like chilwell and against certain tactically laid out teams then full backs don't always get as much room in wide areas every single game and Castagna didnt either today.

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Did a good job again last night.

For a kid who was playing in League 1 in 2019 and League 2 the year before that, and who probably wouldn't be playing as often if everyone was fit, he's looking a very astute signing.

He's solid if not spectacular, as a back up FB who can play either side, I don't think we could do much better. 

• Like 4

Hes been exactly what we needed ,doesn't really stand out, Like anyone in the Bline will get beaten & make occasional errors,

But does his job & IMO solid....

Sometimes to our favourite players,we turn a blind eye,then go on the hunt for individual players errors,

then conveniently forget 80-95% of their actually solid game performance....

I suspect that Auba started on the right in an attempt to pick JJ out as our weak link - the fact that he didn't have a sniff says a lot about JJs performance. He's developing into a good player but just needs time - he will make mistakes, but the sign of progress will be that he's making fewer mistakes than he previously did, which is already happening. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Will be a good player in time but he's very susceptible to some basic errors like not tracking runners or failing to deal with high balls to the back post. Chilwell was a little like that when he first broke through and more or less sorted it out over the next couple of years so hopefully Justin can too.

Chilwell sorted it out?

Must have missed that 😁

Edited by weller54

As it stands right now, he's an adequate back up at best, in my opinion. 

Weather he significantly improves, I don't know. I HOPE he does but I just don't see him ever being good enough to be our starting fullback. 

His tactical awareness is dreadfull at times. Even last night, which was one of his better games, there was numerous times when he didn't track his runner. People have pointed out that Chilwell had the same weakness but in my opinion, Chilwell offered significantly more offensively. 

If we had a full strength squad, I would be happy with him on the bench providing cover but that day can't really come fast enough. 

3 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Will be a good player in time but he's very susceptible to some basic errors like not tracking runners or failing to deal with high balls to the back post. Chilwell was a little like that when he first broke through and more or less sorted it out over the next couple of years so hopefully Justin can too.

Not dealing with high balls to the back post is a feature of our defence. Even Castagne is not immune and very nearly cost us a goal (and probably the match) last night. 

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I really like his mentality. Even in games where he struggles for short periods, he never lets his head drop, ever. Always sticks at it and demonstrates a good attitude. He's doing a great job for the team.

Very true actually. I've criticised him but he always makes himself available for the ball, even after a mistake and works incredibly hard. Definitely showing progress the past 4-5 weeks as expected. 

Majority of the prem (top six aside maybe) would kill for a young english talent like JJ, especially for the peanuts we got him for.

• Like 1