Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

42 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

What the hell are we going to do when both Timmy and Ricky are back???  :blink:

Looks like Madders will have to be buying Brendan some more paracetamol for those headaches.

That's the exact value that Justin brings to the squad. He's a very capable deputy to Ricardo and Castagne and gives us the flexibility we need to cover them when they are out injured and to help us ease them back in - hopefully - without any injuries flaring up again. The same can be said of Fuchs and Thomas.

11 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Looks like Madders will have to be buying Brendan some more paracetamol for those headaches.

That's the exact value that Justin brings to the squad. He's a very capable deputy to Ricardo and Castagne and gives us the flexibility we need to cover them when they are out injured and to help us ease them back in - hopefully - without any injuries flaring up again. The same can be said of Fuchs and Thomas.

:appl: Justin seems able to cover LB, LWB, RB, RWB and CB. All to a high standard. He is super useful.

• Like 3

Another youngster who was signed with a first team place set years down the line but has had to play with injuries. I think he is at his best when he runs forward but seems reluctant to do it at the moment. Like Thomas he is still raw and needs to be nurtured but its great he can play in a few positions and give us cover. Its also nice to see that he has definitely improved from last season and will keep improving.

Again, lets not expect miracles but he is another one with huge potential.

BTW 10/10 for barging Traore to the floor and winning a goal kick!! That couldn't have been easy LOL

• Like 1

I didn’t follow the match thread as I tend to watch the match…

Forfana was clearly outstanding…. But Justin was combative, positive, flexible and didn’t allow Traore a sniff…. A couple of loose balls, but I will still stick with my first thought  considering what he had to deal with, he was my MOTM 

I rate him…. 

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 1

Massive shout out to JJ.

Can be frustrating at times giving the ball away cheaply with his selection of pass etc but so easy to forget he’s 22 and still only played around 20 premier league games after jumping up from league one! 

So far this season he’s played RWB, RB, RCB, LCB, LB, LWB & LM at times today without letting us down! :appl:

Wasn't convinced the first few games this season, but think he's been really good the past month or so and really growing into his role.

The fact he's versatile, can play in the back 3 or either full-back/wing-back position will stand him in good stead as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Did well yesterday and seemed to be the only outfield player to do so. Looked the sharpest of our players and just a shame no one else was really consistent or just generally good enough to make anything work with him. 

Considering he's had (harsh) criticism in the past when others have played well, he deserves credit for standing out as a better player than others when we've not played well as a team too. 

Hes been terrific and is getting better every game.

When timmy and Ricky are back id like to see him still play in the back 3 as that's been his best position for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Hes been terrific and is getting better every game.

When timmy and Ricky are back id like to see him still play in the back 3 as that's been his best position for me.

If Evans keeps playing like he did last night, then I could see Justin, Fofana and Cags being our back 3. Tough one though as Evans does bring a calmness and experience to the defence, but hes not looked great this season 

Best outfield player for us on the day, just wish he would put a spurt in to track back and help the defence when we give the ball away. 
Like the look of what lcfc sheff suggested with him on the right of Soyuncu & Fofana with Castagne & Ricardo as wing backs in a back 5... :scarf:

Probably doing him a dis justice here but to think that ‘on paper’ he won’t be anywhere near the starting XI when our big hitters return shows how much our squad has grown. Turning into a really really good player. I was incredibly critical of him early doors, still not his biggest fan now but really impressed me lately. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Probably doing him a dis justice here but to think that ‘on paper’ he won’t be anywhere near the starting XI when our big hitters return shows how much our squad has grown. Turning into a really really good player. I was incredibly critical of him early doors, still not his biggest fan now but really impressed me lately. 

The majority of us here won't know what it takes to be a professional footballer and like any job the more experienced you get the better you become. At an elite level it is equally  about mental strength and attitude as it is ability. I've been really impressed with him since the start of the season. I'd like to be that he's going to become one of those 7/10 players week in week out. He's, strong, athletic and clearly able to assimilate the coaching he's receiving and put it into practice where it counts. A major plus for us, well done JJ