Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

If I was Ricardo Pereira, I'd be getting concerned about my place in the side. JJ is turning out to be an absolute gem of a RB. Looks right at home in a team competing in the top half of the Premier League and sitting top of their Europa League group with a 100% record.

Another recent triumph for our recruitment team.

• Like 2

He's really impressed me so far this season. You could tell that he was off the pace sometimes last season. You could tell that he was still adapting from League One to the Premier League. Fair play to him, he's got a good attitude and work-rate!

• Like 1

Another solid performance tonight. Think the 3 suits him pretty well.

He will have off days and make the odd mistake but he seems to be growing in confidence, particularly in the last few games, and I think that'll be big for him given where he has come from.

10 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

When you think we have 3 quality right backs and 1 decent enough left back in Fuchs. What do you do, WHAT DO YOU DO.

Edit, I forgot Thomas.

I just spotted your edit :-)

I was going to say, I really like Thomas. In his games last season, he made some fantastic crosses. It's great to give our younger players experience in Europe also. We are building a serious football team. "The future's so bright we've got to wear shades" :cool: WYS!  

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It will be harsh to drop him when Ricardo is fit. This run of games has done him the world of good. 

Well he's played the last two games as the right sided centre back, so him and Ricardo could play together!

Put Castagne into the team as well, so we can have all 3 right backs in the team at once! (Castagne as LWB, Ricardo as RWB, Justin as RCB).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He's gone from Luton in League 2 in 2018 and League 1 in 2019 to performing strongly in the Premier League and Europa League.

Looks at steal at under £10m.

Not to mention the passing of his father which he's had to deal with at a very young age during this time! 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, psychonaut said:

I don't think so. He's done well and looks comfortable when sitting in a 3 man defence but he's not a patch on Ricardo.

I don't doubt that for a second, but he's played a lot of games for us and never let us down. Is he going to happy with the odd cup game and a place on the bench for the rest of the season? 

14 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The good this is that we don't need to rush anyone back from injury now and we can rotate the squad with confidence. 

This is a luxury only the biggest clubs have normally.

Absolutely. Ricardo can't be far away from getting on the pitch now as I believe he should be available after the international break. But the way JJ is playing we can easily keep him in the side and use Ricardo sparingly as he builds up his fitness. Perhaps Zorya away for Ricardo's first start?

We all hope to God that Ricardo can quickly regain the outstanding form he showed prior to his injury.  However if he does, its inevitable that it will attract huge interest from the 'big' clubs in this country and Europe. At 27 you could understand Ricardo wanting a big club, big money move in the next year or two.  In the past we the fans have been desperate to hang on to these star players, but due to the outstanding recruitment strategy of our club we can see that there are already players within our squad who can step up.  Look at how many injuries to first team regulars we currently have. In the past we would have suffered an inevitable drop in form but we currently are doing unbelievably well due to the ability of our squad members coming in and slotting into the team with minimum disruption. 

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Ricardo and hope he stays with us for years but if he leaves we have the luxury of knowing we will be ok.  

For us fans this is our club, our only club, and we will always love it no matter what, but we dont always see the bigger picture. This is a business. An extremely well run and incredibly successful one in an industry that is full of other clubs demonstrating how NOT to do it.  If Ricardo leaves it will be another in the line of extremely profitable transfer deals following Maguire, Chilwell etc which contribute to the financial stability, enabling the club to remain competing at the incredibly high level we are, given our size and history. 

Sorry to go off topic but JJ is a truely exciting young player who will play his part in our story for the next few years. His recruitment and development are testament not only to his undeniable abilities but also to the quality of our club set up, training coaching etc.  

This is such an exciting time to be a City fan. 

I am incredibly grateful to be around to see it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I rate him more as a cb than a rb. He’s always performed in a 3. Miles better than Kyle walker 

We're pioneering the 4 full backs system! Fuchs looks great on the left of the 3 too