Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

1 hour ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

Can’t just be me that thought he was really bad today? Never seems to know when to release the ball

I thought he made a couple of errors. 

But overall i think  the lad has been fantastic. He's  forced himself into the elite top 15 of players we have. That's tremendous work from him and meant to be high praise *even if it doesn't sound it

Still think he's a excellent option as a CB in a 3, quick athletic and good on the ball.

He development in the last 6 months is a really silver lining in the cloud of injuries to key players.

Not to be sniffed at a player who can cover RB, LB, CB.

I'd imagine he could do a job at DCM, I'd have more confidence in him then Hamza.

• Like 2

I think the guy is an exemplar professional for us. Got to love his attitude. He has worked his socks off in games in whichever position he's been asked to play, and has improved his play too in those.

I personally thought it seemed he was asked to play quite high up field yesterday which isolated Fuchs on occasion. 

I take real pleasure in seeing players like him and Luke Thomas developing and maturing. Top marks JJ. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 2

Must be up there as one of our best scouting coups. He was highly rated at Luton and we nipped in before he hit the radar of some of the "bigger" clubs and took the gamble. He was obviously signed as one for the future, but due to the current injury crisis has stepped up to the plate big style. It easy to forget that he is still only 22 and playing league 1 football 18 months or so ago.  

Still not the finished article but if he continues on his current trajectory of improvement he is going to be a real asset. My worry is when Ricky P and Timmy are back fully fit he will be sidelined and we could easily lose him as i am pretty sure that there are other clubs looking at him now wondering how come they missed him when we snapped him up.

One of my favourite players now. I'm glad we persisted with him in his slightly rough period at the start of the season. To be fair to him, it was only about three games anyway. Happy to see him come up from the lower leagues too.

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Must be up there as one of our best scouting coups. He was highly rated at Luton and we nipped in before he hit the radar of some of the "bigger" clubs and took the gamble. He was obviously signed as one for the future, but due to the current injury crisis has stepped up to the plate big style. It easy to forget that he is still only 22 and playing league 1 football 18 months or so ago.  

Still not the finished article but if he continues on his current trajectory of improvement he is going to be a real asset. My worry is when Ricky P and Timmy are back fully fit he will be sidelined and we could easily lose him as i am pretty sure that there are other clubs looking at him now wondering how come they missed him when we snapped him up.

I guess they missed him as we paid the £8m required. Arsene Wenger said that Arsenal can't buy players like that as the fans demand big money signings (when talking about why they didn't sign Mahrez when he claimed he was very much aware of him in France). 

If JJ does eventually go for big money we'll be hearing from fans of the purchasing club about how great their scouting network is :rolleyes: