Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Strokes

Getting brexit done!

A funny little historical story here re. Brexit/fishing rights: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55190259

All about the Belgian bloke who, in 1963, sailed to "illegally" (?) fish off Newhaven, claiming fishing rights given to the citizens of Bruges under a charter granted by King Charles II, as thanks for putting him up in Bruges during the Cromwell interlude.

You're from Newhaven, aren't you,@Beliall?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

A funny little historical story here re. Brexit/fishing rights: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55190259

All about the Belgian bloke who, in 1963, sailed to "illegally" (?) fish off Newhaven, claiming fishing rights given to the citizens of Bruges under a charter granted by King Charles II, as thanks for putting him up in Bruges during the Cromwell interlude.

You're from Newhaven, aren't you,@Beliall?

from, no but i do live there now. probably the number one smuggling port for french cheese right now with dover clogged up

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Excellent news if true.

Definitely, hopefully we can put the whole thing behind us and move on. Concentrate on defending this virus and rebuilding from the economic wreckage caused by it.

Edited by Strokes

So it looks like we can forget Australia but probably something like Canada? 

I guess we'll never know what WTO would've been like. Whether the disaster as some predicted or if we would prosper mightily

Can we all be friends again now? :kissing:

Happy Christmas :santa:

10 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

ITS DONE, a free country again ! Free to govern and fail on our own terms, free to dictate our own rules to our own people, Boris is a fool but delivering this will always be a significant positive when history judges his premiership

Depends how it works out though? Could be shit. 

Not like it's been easy for him to do and I wonder how much has been conceded to get the deal done. Not just on our side of course. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Depends how it works out though? Could be shit. 

Not like it's been easy for him to do and I wonder how much has been conceded to get the deal done. Not just on our side of course. 

To be fair to him shit or not he has averted a no deal which would have wiped us out 

can’t stand the numpty but in fairness I thought he had  dropped the baby on this one , but he pulled it off 

Edited by King of Gipsy Lane

7 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

To be fair to him shit or not he has averted a no deal which would have wiped us out 

can’t stand the numpty but in fairness I thought he had  dropped the baby on this one , but he pulled it off 

Only time will tell at what cost though. 

• Like 1