Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
danny.

Man City (A) Match Thread

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

In context they've scored a huge deflection, a soft penalty and then a good team goal. 

We should've scored or had a penalty and the games tied potentially. 

That’s an incredibly lopsided way of looking at things. They’ve had so many occasions where they could have scored. They’ve absolutely outplayed us

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Tactics or mentality? This happens too often to be a coincidence.

We've lost 3 games all season.....All away against better sides, bar United who still have aspects of their side which are better than ours, e.g. Their front 3.

Our Tactics/Mentality are our strengths, not our weakness.

We lack quality against 2 of the best sides in Europe, our title win has clearly gone to your head.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Vardy is really a few levels higher than the rest. Only spark at the moment

Vardy doesnt get phased by big matches and big names. Some seem to, particularly chillwell.

Edited by bfox
  • Like 1

Im just really ****ed off its Liverpool next. Another game we’re likely to lose and another sap of confidence with games coming thick and fast. If we’re still Top 3 by the end of Jan we’ll have weathered a bit of a storm here. 

Of course we may also get something from boxing night but I know we don’t necessarily like to consider the bright side on here 

Guest An Sionnach
Just now, Blanchflower78 said:

Chilwell will need counselling after this, least it keeps the big boys away for a year. 

Mahrez was always going to have him on toast ,as you say he needed tactical support. He is weak against players who cut inside. I dread to think what a peak Ryan Giggs would have done to him.

Just now, bennytwohats said:

That’s an incredibly lopsided way of looking at things. They’ve had so many occasions where they could have scored. They’ve absolutely outplayed us

I do miss not going to games so I can look at the match thread as it happens ...... a strange place where reality simply disappears ......

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I agree, just been embarrassed though; we want to compete with these teams and tonight we haven’t been close 

You’re dammed if you do dammed if you don’t against city. They were superb last week against Arsenal and they’re carrying this on today. How do you contain a side when Mahrez, KDB and Stirling are all having good games? You can’t... that’s millions worth of talent that we simply don’t have.... last week was frustrating, this week we’ve been outclassed. They haven’t played this well for a while. We still have a chance of champions league, and we need to focus on that. 

• Like 2

So many poor displays today. Chilwell every time he faces a decent side looks well out of his depth. His inability on his weaker foot continues as he always wants it on his left. Possibly worst game I've seen him have.

Barnes and Perez are not clinical enough. Cannot be either missing the amount of chances Barnes has, or be so ineffective as Perez.

Been battered today we have

• Like 1

Just now, CityIsBlue said:

We've lost 3 games all season.....All away against better sides, bar United who still have aspects of their side which are better than ours, e.g. Their front 3.

Our Tactics/Mentality are our strengths, not our weakness.

We lack quality against 2 of the best sides in Europe, our title win has clearly gone to your head.

Don't get me wrong Man city are way better than us and I get where your coming from but come on we could do way better

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Big difference is players like KDB who is absolutely ridiculous 

Him, Sterling, Gundogan and Silva are all outstanding footballers (and Mahrez, Aguero, Jesus etc. ain’t too bad either)