Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool H Match Thread

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

We're way to passive,once again the lack of a physical presence is costing us.

Thing is, we wouldn't play this way against anyone outside of the 'the big 6' so why do we do it vs them? Really pissing me off. We may aswell just give them the points and the only person who cant see it is brendan 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

sorta agree, but then unless you there you  only get what the tv wants you to hear :( .. Sooo different

If we can draw tonight id be buzzing. as much as i duno want LFC to win Id so take a draw now (would  have at start) 

The action on the pitch doesn't change according to TV coverage though...

1 minute ago, Blue-fox said:

At least he will press, tackle and give 100%. Barnes is not physically up to it. 

As I said before a young team will be more nervous and not up to it mentally.  Put Hamza and Albrighton on.  Take Tielemans and Barnes off.

Fuchs probably should have played instead of Chilwell.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

This looks like Man City game all over again, only worse. Not a single shot on goal at home is embarassing. BR outclassed, Youri mediocre,  Maddison poor, Barnes useless.

Rodgers has to change the formation and tell them to grow some balls. Put Nacho and Albrighton on, have a go, give something to the supporters, this is depressingly puelesque. 

We've been abject, not in the game at all we're all over the place at the back and are wide open on the left.

It is only 1-0 somehow and surely they will tire in the second half.

Brendan needs a rethink though tactically it has not worked today. 

4 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Need Natcho on for Tiellemans. No difference losing the game 1-0 or 5-0 with our goal difference. I hate to say it but Gray for Barnes as a wild, could be really funnny, card.

We can’t add people to the subs bench at this moment in time.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Too much respect.

Too little precision.

No talent at keeping and distributing the ball nicely.

No prolonged period of time where we at least manage to keep the ball in the opposing half.

Mané getting away with EVERYTHING.
Referee with no glasses on (foul on Ricardo Pereira not given, instead whistling for an undeserved corner).

Endless amounts of lost possession, making life easy for Liverpool.

Vardy with five touches in the first half.

No shot on goal.

Mr. Rodgers, time to rethink your strategy here...

We are nervous and the lack of precision is because we are trying to be too precise. Classic mistake by players lacking confidence or showing fear. 

We are gifting Liverpool the game so far. Twice we’ve closed them down fast and twice they made mistakes. It’s not enough. However, Liverpool are dammed good and a level above us - unfortunately. 

We play lovely football against teams that come in and sit against us but completely forgot that we are at our best with high pressing and playing at a hundred miles an hour. We have been brilliant this season but at times we were jogging out to them and letting them have 20 yards space. I wouldn't mind hamza coming on and kicking people as at least we would get going. 

I usually wouldn’t panic in these sorts of situations. I’m mature enough to understand we’re playing an outstanding side - but we look completely and utterly finished. We need to put some sort of performance in against West Ham or this season will fade in to mediocrity mark my words. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

well we look more composed on the ball than we did on Saturday - lpool not pressing as well as Man City but they look to have just as much class on the ball - men v boys I’m afraid 

Agree. 

I don’t think we’re as bad as we were on Saturday against Manchester City.

• Like 1

We just can't afford to carry players and that is what we are doing. Part of it is mindset, we look worried that if we lose the ball we're in trouble and that is what's happening.

They are a very good team and that should be taken into account but we need to face them up more, far too much of them just knocking the ball around.