Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham A Match Thread. Brace yourself.

The Man City and Chelsea results definitely had an effect here. 

With those two losing, this game becomes more of a free hit - Rodgers has taken the opportunity to make even more changes than he was probably planning this time yesterday morning. 

The payoff if we win would be big in terms of confidence, shaking up a few underperforming first teamers, and getting plenty of precious R&R in across the first team. 

If we lose, well - we're no worse off and top 4 is still very much on. 

A calculated, opportunist gamble

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

To be honest I think most sensible, realistic posters in here expected some changes for this game. Sanctimony apart, I doubt you or any of the other posters suggesting the level of shock being expressed is overboard, actually expected what is, in effect, a B team selection for an important 3pts. Obviously we will all get behind the lads, but I think it’s fair to say most of us are astonished and equally fair to be able to express that on FT. 

Apart from Evans for Soyuncu, and Mendy for Praet, it's the exact team I predicted in the pre-match thread.

4 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Simply don't get the inclusion of mendy..... makes no sense. The others you can all make a case for 

Would of thought Praet would of been fit enough to play considering he hasn't been a regular. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

Morgan will be trying to play this game at his own pace , Hamza and Mendy are not keen on a mad pace either so I am expecting it to be slowish and cagey.