Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham A Match Thread. Brace yourself.

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

One way to throw away your Champions league positions. What a load of crap. Not even going to bother finding a stream to watch that shite. Will just get pissed instead:beer:

Morgan is going to get ripped apart, with the greatest respect to him as a club legend. He is an old man in football terms. Everytime he has played he has looked a bombscare.

I think he's looked surprisingly comfortable every time he's come into the side :dunno:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

BR: "I trust the squad, and they're all looking forward to it."

hahaha. they're looking forward to it. this ain't a fu cking disco it's a premier league game. 

• Haha 2

I expected changes but maybe not this many. Think some people underestimate the effect of playing 2 games in less than 48 hours (especially during this run of fixtures).

They're pushing their bodies to the limit every match and there's no time to recover. 

I'd rather do this than have 2 or 3 important players pick up long term injuries.

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 2

Just now, Shane said:

Yeah its a bit strange, are we the only team to make wholesale changes in the league during Christmas? I can’t think of anyone else, so you have to question is 9 changes necessary. Even West Ham’s lineup today is close to full strength 

Apart from the six outfield changes .......

• Haha 1

Rodgers failure to 'look beyond the very next game' and stubborness hv ruined my whole Xmas so far...had we lost to MC n Lpool with weakened teams  I would understand....but now gonna struggle v WH n Newc..then we got further  fatigie with FA n Caribo cups...

He talked of rotation late Nov..but virtually no thing happened....lacklustre NORWICH game should hv alerted him..

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I hope so Rach, cuz for the 1st time in a very long time i am not looking forward to the game. 

Yeah I just can’t call it - but I do think Hamza is better at starting attack than people give him credit for. Don’t forget West Ham have heavily rotated too - it’s like a cup match really isn’t it. Hopefully our impact subs will be enough. 

• Like 1

I understand change but Hamza and Mendy TOGETHER on the pitch at the same time! I dont dislike either player but who is going to pass to the Nacho man for him to score? 

Have either of them players ever got an assist (probably) but i cant remember when. 

Oh well.. come on City.. up the blues. 

This really has the hallmarks of a two fingered gesture to the Premier League and their utterly stupid fixture planning. Though we are making more changes than any other team. I'd be really annoyed if I supported the likes of Villa, Southampton and Watford as here is a side basically chucking a game and giving 3 points to a key relegation rival.

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

We have only played half a season without European matches, why is our fat lazy squad this tired? 

Maybe, just maybe the way Rodgers teams train and play brings gradual fatigue and it's something they'll learn to cope with when contending with European football too next season. There have been warning signs with our play of late, I think we need to change something but 9 changes is over kill. Should have been rotating 2-3 since early Dec.

• Like 3