Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham A Match Thread. Brace yourself.

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

This will have been planned out in advance. Full strength against Liverpool and Man City and reserves against West Ham. Hasn't worked out in hindsight but spare us the meltdown, he has to give the players a rest, we will really struggle for the rest of the season otherwise. 

Look how far clear of 5th we are. We are allowed a wobble. 

No we're not...

And we've taken just 1 point from the last 9!..

Just now, kingfox said:

Don't get the negativity.

Iheanacho will score a hat-trick thanks to three Mendy assists.

Honestly wouldn’t put it past Kelechi carrying us this game lol. He’ll bag a couple goals then we can sit back and grind out a result

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Puel used to do this every week...

Still a bizarre decision to make this many changes however its a chance for them to make a mark so we should still play a strong game.. sure we have played a similar team in the cup and they done well.

2-2

I kind of strangely miss those days of not being able to predict whatsoever what the line up would be! 

• Like 1

Just now, Shane said:

lolwhat a lineup!

In all honesty though this shows how much we need to strengthen in the next 2 windows if we’re to cope with European fixtures next year

And yet you look at Wolves who have a tiny squad and have played more games than most teams (if not all) and go and beat Man City from a 2-0 losing position. (yes i know it was v 10 men but still)

We change our whole team against a weak side and go with players who have zero creativity and not even played a game in over a year.... grrrrr 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Remember when we used to be regarded as being at the forefront of sports science and all that jazz? 

Wolves have played a dozen more games than us and play the same 14 players pretty much every game and didnt look tired yesterday. Liverpool have played 8 more games than us and looked miles fresher than us the other day.

We've got no Europe but fatigue has been an issue for us for weeks now, and now it's so bad we have to make 9 changes for a league game. Why?

My thoughts exactly.

Just now, ealingfox said:

Remember when we used to be regarded as being at the forefront of sports science and all that jazz? 

Wolves have played a dozen more games than us and play the same 14 players pretty much every game and didnt look tired yesterday. Liverpool have played 8 more games than us and looked miles fresher than us the other day.

We've got no Europe but fatigue has been an issue for us for weeks now, and now it's so bad we have to make 9 changes for a league game. Why?

Because we have been playing a different style of football, and our players aren’t used to this level of intensity. It will come - we are in transition. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

To play devils advocate..........................

If we had played that team and lost 0-4 to Liverpool we'd be getting it from all angles that we surrendered any chance we had of winning the title.

Also by playing the team we did against Liverpool we gave ourselves a chance plus our first XI will have had almost a week between the Liverpool and Newcastle match.

Plan for today is to hold these until 60 minutes in a fast tempo game, wait for them to tire and then bring on Maddison, etc and go for the win. 

They made 7 changes ........Both teams lack match fitness though their changes are players who have generally played on and off  ..... we should definitely play a high intensity press  .......

Can't see us getting a result here now, throwing the baby out with the bathwater me thinks here unless West Ham turn out to be an utter shower of shite:please:, looks like the Xmas fixtures have turned out to be an utter shambles in regards results.

Really hope I'm wrong, congratulations to Vardy by the way.

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

And yet you look at Wolves who have a tiny squad and have played more games than most teams (if not all) and go and beat Man City from a 2-0 losing position. (yes i know it was v 10 men but still)

We change our whole team against a weak side and go with players who have zero creativity and not even played a game in over a year.... grrrrr 

Yeah its a bit strange, are we the only team to make wholesale changes in the league during Christmas? I can’t think of anyone else, so you have to question is 9 changes necessary. Even West Ham’s lineup today is close to full strength 

• Like 1

Just now, rachhere said:

Because we have been playing a different style of football, and our players aren’t used to this level of intensity. It will come - we are in transition. 

I hope so Rach, cuz for the 1st time in a very long time i am not looking forward to the game.