Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

West Ham match thread

6 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

I’d have started Wilf. The absence of Hamza from the squad is a disappointment. Mendy doesn’t really offer much offensively. We need to get into these lot from the off. Not confident. 

That's the spirit.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Does Rodgers actually rate Choudhury? It's a bit like Puel with Iheanacho. Vardy was out and we all thought Kelechi would finally get his chance but he played Gray up front. Rodgers would rather pick a player who is leaving in the summer over Choudhury whilst Ndidi is out. 

I do wonder if Hamza's long term future is here....

Early in the season, Stringer made the misfortune of claiming that Hamza has played in a holding midfielder role this season. Brendan corrected him, and stated that when Choudhury has played, it has been as a right sided midfielder. When brought on, Hamza's job is to help the team press farther up the pitch  Brendan also mentioned that he believes Choudhury needs to work on what he does in possession of the ball.

So all that said, i think Brendan believes Hamza to be a long term project, and a player in need of development. He sees Mendy as the short term replacement for Wilfred Ndidi. That is probably because Mendy is more cautious about staying in that holding midfield location of the pitch in front of the centerbacks. Brendan might also believe that Mendy is tidier in possession. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Early in the season, Stringer made the misfortune of claiming that Hamza has played in a holding midfielder role this season. Brendan corrected him, and stated that when Choudhury has played, it has been as a right sided midfielder. When brought on, Hamza's job is to help the team press farther up the pitch  Brendan also mentioned that he believes Choudhury needs to work on what he does in possession of the ball.

So all that said, i think Brendan believes Hamza to be a long term project, and a player in need of development. He sees Mendy as the short term replacement for Wilfred Ndidi. That is probably because Mendy is more cautious about staying in that holding midfield location of the pitch in front of the centerbacks. Brendan might also believe that Mendy is tidier in possession. 

Rodgers was only quoted just a while ago regarding Mendy saying it's been tough on him as he doesn't play 2 DCM's and he has Ndidi and Choudhury so he barely gets a sniff. I do think Rodgers isn't quite as sold on Hamza as the trusted protector of the midfield and defence though.

2 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Brendan might also believe that Mendy is tidier in possession. 

Which I believe to be the case too. He's very good at what he does is Mendy. Shame is, he really needs to be able to do just a little bit more. I rate him, and have done from day 1, but I acknowledge that he'd probably be better off somewhere else, somewhere where he'd get more of a look in.

Choudhury had no control over the game against Southampton, passing was poor and even took out Evans flying into a tackle which they should have scored from. Don’t rate Mendy at all but can see why Hamza isn’t trusted to play the role. 

• Like 1

Just now, mabrah said:

Which I believe to be the case too. He's very good at what he does is Mendy. Shame is, he really needs to be able to do just a little bit more. I rate him, and have done from day 1, but I acknowledge that he'd probably be better off somewhere else, somewhere where he'd get more of a look in.

Needs to play forward more he has it in him