Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

9 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Work colleagues who lives in Florida reporting spike after opening the state. 
‘No surprise. :(

I think sometime last week Georgia opened up again. Not just small scale, but opened up a lot of small businesses and shops. Their cases went up 3k after that day! 

8 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

There's no way the US should be coming out of a lockdown yet. 

Yep. Not a chance. But things work weirdly over there! 

8 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

How?

What's to stop someone who hasn't got it saying they have?

Genuine question. If the answer is that it requires a certified clinician to activate, I'm fine with that, but...

Then how will they know they have it? You have to tell the app. It doesn't know unless you know.

So if you're either pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic, you're not going to have told the app you've got it.

So it's pointless.

I'd be all for it, but it seems a bit Emperor's New Clothes, people will believe because science (without logically explaining what that science is.) Seems more like an attempt to reassure people it's ok to go back out, super-app will protect you! 

I am with you in this one...So many what ifs...and what does it bring except,unconfirmed stats for an universities thesus....:dunno:The

It wont save lives..!!

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think sometime last week Georgia opened up again. Not just small scale, but opened up a lot of small businesses and shops. Their cases went up 3k after that day! 

Yep. Not a chance. But things work weirdly over there! 

I thought it takes about a week for symptoms to start showing?   

For the sake of balance (I am sure you are already aware Stan but I am posting for the benefit of others)   Germany is keeping the R rate ready after making small steps to come out of their lockdown.

15 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone seen the Kyle Walker statement? 

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No, what did he say?

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylewalker2/status/1258539692829466624

Kyle Walker always seemed to be a down to earth likeable guy before all this but I'm torn between giving him the benefit of the doubt with any mental health struggles and the need to see his family or thinking he's above the rules. Either way, he was an arsehole when he threw the party.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I thought it takes about a week for symptoms to start showing?   

For the sake of balance (I am sure you are already aware Stan but I am posting for the benefit of others)   Germany is keeping the R rate ready after making small steps to come out of their lockdown.

Not sure! I thought it ranged from a couple of days to about 7/8 days. 

Probably wasn't clear in that post but I meant following that day of those places opening up, not necessarily immediately :)

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylewalker2/status/1258539692829466624

Kyle Walker always seemed to be a down to earth likeable guy before all this but I'm torn between giving him the benefit of the doubt with any mental health struggles and the need to see his family or thinking he's above the rules. Either way, he was an arsehole when he threw the party.

I just can’t have sympathy with him. He has now done 3 things that aren’t allowed and they are only the incidents that we know about. The media would not be following him if he wasn’t breaking the rules for a start. He just seems so ill informed which is crazy after his first rule break a few weeks back.   

Also it seems that a lot of people in privileged positions are breaking the rules. It’s tough enough for people stuck in flats etc. 

Edited by Unabomber

45 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Very interesting. Your post has compelled me to buy some vitamin D! Do you know if it make any difference if it's the D3 variety? As that seems to be mainly what's for sale online? 

D3 is what I'm taking - and the liquid capsules when I can get them.

Holland & Barrett have solid pills but I got my liquid capsules online.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

D3 is what I'm taking - and the liquid capsules when I can get them.

Holland & Barrett have solid pills but I got my liquid capsules online.

I've got a few Indian customers and I know some of them have a vitamin D injection every 6 months. I assumed it was because they were vegetarian, but you might be right about skin tone. 

17 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I just can’t have sympathy with him. He has now done 3 things that aren’t allowed and they are only the incidents that we know about. The media would not be following him if he wasn’t breaking the rules for a start. He just seems so ill informed which is crazy after his first rule break a few weeks back.   

Also it seems that a lot of people in privileged positions are breaking the rules. It’s tough enough for people stuck in flats etc. 

I think its equally ridiculous that paparazzi are allowed to be out and about following celebrities in the first place tbf. Its not essential or key work at all.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Just came back from a test, very well-organised.

Gagged a bit having to put a long stick in the tonsil area, but obviously worth doing.

How long til you get the results back Wymsey?

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

How long til you get the results back Wymsey?

They say 2-3 days, but warned it could be longer due to the high levels of tests they're doing.

Get the results by text message.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lionator said:

Any data from America really isn’t relevant to the rest of the world to be honest!! New York’s decline made it look like they were having a national decline, but now every other poorly run state is increasing which is making the national chart look like a second wave. 

Those graphs were Florida 

54 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

They say 2-3 days, but warned it could be longer due to the high levels of tests they're doing.

Get the results by text message.

So from the day that you felt symptoms to the day you get the results could be 4 or 5???? 

and the advice without testing is for you to isolate for seven days ...... so the testing has improved at the front end but the results need to be next day to be effective 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

How?

What's to stop someone who hasn't got it saying they have?

Genuine question. If the answer is that it requires a certified clinician to activate, I'm fine with that, but...

Then how will they know they have it? You have to tell the app. It doesn't know unless you know.

So if you're either pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic, you're not going to have told the app you've got it.

So it's pointless.

I'd be all for it, but it seems a bit Emperor's New Clothes, people will believe because science (without logically explaining what that science is.) Seems more like an attempt to reassure people it's ok to go back out, super-app will protect you! 

As many will tell you it works in South Korea, Japan and Germany etc it’s not just the UK trying to rollout an app.

I would imagine there will be follow ups to hitting the button to say you have it, otherwise as you say, your either being a tool and messing with the system or you are just saying you have symptoms which is no good for the data collection they are after.

I replied to Trav’s comments from 10hrs ago, since reading I’ve read the remaining comments about the app..wtaf are some of you on, is it just because it’s the UK and therefore it must be useless, pointless, waste of time, trying to reinvent the wheel, to late, won’t be as good as another countries etc etc....Give me fec’ing strength it’s bloody true, whiners are wieners!

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Irresponsible and inexcusable in my eyes :@

image.thumb.jpeg.2bbb12430e982f6922551f2a65f1fa84.jpeg

As we touched on yesterday Dahnsouff the media are going to be responsible for a lot of mental health deaths with headlines like this it really is fec’ing irresponsible.

Whats the betting the Monday headline isn't sorry we got it wrong but more like Bojo lies to the public, gets their hopes up and then crushes them....arghhh I have to stop I can feel my gut acid bubbling. :mad::mad:

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

As we touched on yesterday Dahnsouff the media are going to be responsible for a lot of mental health deaths with headlines like this it really is fec’ing irresponsible.

Whats the betting the Monday headline isn't sorry we got it wrong but more like Bojo lies to the public, gets their hopes up and then crushes them....arghhh I have to stop I can feel my gut acid bubbling. :mad::mad:

They don't print the news they are into making the news. Always second guessing the outcome/aftermath of events. Never satisfied with just reporting the actual facts. The TV news has now gone down the same route.

They'll milk an incident to death with speculation and give it an air of truth and authority by presenting it from their So and So Correspondent/Editor

They should rename the rags

The Daily Speculator

The Sunday Postulator

The Weekly Conjector

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The headlines on the Mail, Sun and Star are the worst, they really are a blight on society, making up stories, misleading readers, alongside social media they are responsible for causing so much harm with their inaccurate reporting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

we’ve found Donald trumps perfect partner ..... who’d have thought it ?   And David icke’s at the same time ! 

what blood type are you sol ?

er...... black ?

He's not that bad.