Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

6 Fiorentina players/staff & 1 Torino player test positive for COVID19

Three Fiorentina players and three members of the club's support staff have tested positive for coronavirus.

Serie A clubs have been given permission by the Italian government to resume training, although players can only train individually.

The players and staff have been isolated and the rest of the group will have medical and fitness tests.

A Torino player also tested positive for the virus on Wednesday and was placed in quarantine.

Neither club has named the players who have tested positive.

Italy has begun to ease its restrictions after an eight-week lockdown.

Serie A clubs have returned to training but there has been no decision on when the league will resume.

In a statement, Fiorentina said: "The club has proceeded, as per protocol, to isolate those involved.

"The rest of the group are scheduled to undergo medical and fitness examinations prior to the start of the optional activity in the field."

54 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I really do think that Swedish chap was right that this will affect most countries exactly the same over time regardless of the action taken

ones that don’t have densely populated travel hubs like London and thousands of pubs might ..... without lockdown our health service would have fallen over ....... 

16 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

On a serious note they have made sure there health services have coped with there approach

See above ......

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Izzy said:

For some people, being at work gives them a purpose and a reason for being. 

We're hard wired to be social animals and we need human connection to survive. For the extroverts among us (who get our energy from those around us), being in lock-down is a nightmare. Boredom sets in, our thoughts run wild and we literally get fed up with 'hanging out with ourselves' for too long.

Trust me, the novelty of being 'off work' soon wears off...

I am arguably more social now (via video calls/messages etc) than ever before 😅. Everyone else living my kind of lifestyle for once has probably helped that 😂

13 minutes ago, Izzy said:

For some people, being at work gives them a purpose and a reason for being. 

We're hard wired to be social animals and we need human connection to survive. For the extroverts among us (who get our energy from those around us), being in lock-down is a nightmare. Boredom sets in, our thoughts run wild and we literally get fed up with 'hanging out with ourselves' for too long.

Trust me, the novelty of being 'off work' soon wears off...

Not for me,Work use to get in the way of serious travelling..

I Don t See Working to make others rich that satisfying,even in My self-employed mercenary days...

After I went into Early retirement, ( in Germany)I met up with Another ex-collegue  & Friend (irish) who also retired & like me Worked to travel...

We sat together in a "kneipe" looked at each other laugnhed out loud & said to each "after 45  years,what the fuk was that all about..!!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Not for me,Work use to get in the way of serious travelling..

I Don t See Working to make others rich that satisfying,even in My self-employed mercenary days...

After I went into Early retirement, ( in Germany)I met up with Another ex-collegue  & Friend (irish) who also retired & like me Worked to travel...

We sat together in a "kneipe" looked at each other laugnhed out loud & said to each "after 45  years,what the fuk was that all about..!!"

Horses for courses mate. I used to travel a bit with work and kinda enjoyed the variety compared to being stuck in lockdown.

I work for myself so I guess it's different to having a 'proper' job in as much as I manage my own time so it's not so bad.

And not everyone lives to work. I'm lucky that I enjoy what I do so it doesn't feel like working really.

Saying all that, only 10 years to do until I can take the first 25% of my pension :D

57 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Have experienced a sore throat today.whilst working (NHS).

So decided to book an Corona Test, with one being already available (at Birstall Park and Ride) at 08:00 tomorrow.

All the best to you.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

So decided to book an Corona Test, with one being already available (at Birstall Park and Ride) at 08:00 tomorrow.

Hope it turns out ok. I had my test at birstall and thought it was extremely well set up and efficient.

Still waiting on my results though, did it last saturday.

• Thanks 1

So this new app lets you know if you've come into contact with someone who has Covid19.

But what the hell is someone with Covid19 doing out and about? I don't get it.

Then you're going to get kids who will think it's hilarious to put they have Covid19 when they haven't, just so anyone who comes near them has to self-isolate.

It's not going to work. Self policing never does.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

So this new app lets you know if you've come into contact with someone who has Covid19.

Then you're going to get kids who will think it's hilarious to put they have Covid19 when they haven't, just so anyone who comes near them has to self-isolate.

They may be incubating the disease ..... can take up to fourteen days for symptoms to become evident ....in the week before symptoms appear, you are infectious ......

they may also be asymptomatic but could end up being tested as they’ve been in close contact with someone who has developed the illness. 

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Work colleagues who lives in Florida reporting spike after opening the state. 
‘No surprise. :(

squeaky bum time for the Florida governor - and for the whole country, especially given that Florida is an ‘outdoor’ v warm  state 

71BC4DCA-9178-4C2E-A7A5-FDB8E23AEB7D.thumb.jpeg.8834bf08f6693b7dc403fcb0578912a6.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Horses for courses mate. I used to travel a bit with work and kinda enjoyed the variety compared to being stuck in lockdown.

I work for myself so I guess it's different to having a 'proper' job in as much as I manage my own time so it's not so bad.

And not everyone lives to work. I'm lucky that I enjoy what I do so it doesn't feel like working really.

Saying all that, only 10 years to do until I can take the first 25% of my pension :D

Oh..Don t get me wrong.... Any job I did I made sure I would Enjoy ( most) of it.

Either Working for myself,as an employee,in management,instructor,or I would walk and have no fear of beginning my next adventure.

Most positions across 3 different fields, in Troubleshooting or instruction..for me there was a means & a target,not just to turn up everyday looking at work as drudgery or a must. One has to accept life's ups and downs,but I Bloody tried my best to make & Keep it on my terms of the moment,but still Keep arrogance and self-opinionation well away from the door.The ear & to listen is our wisest of strengths...

I have regrets,taken Things lightly,taken,some things seriously ,but always proffesionally....

Then there is the travelling,opening the Eyes wide open & again Listen, plus one should learn to take time with the locals, your hosts.

Foremost don t always try to understand just accept & learn,be humble,humerous and respect the different cultures,when asked into the conversation,with that learn and read between the lines the way other cultures Peoples present themselves.

Luckily in my travels,I have also Worked and taught my skills and learnt Local Skills  in other cultures.

Though my Ill Health in later life,took the wind out of my sails and Ambitions somewhat..!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Fingers crossed for you mate. I sense you're young, fit and healthy so hopefully you'll be fine :thumbup:

A mate of mine (late 40's) had it about a month ago. He had all the symptoms including a really bad chest for 2 weeks. He said he felt like he was 'at altitude' and really struggled to breathe but he got through it O.K. though and is right as rain now.

I get the impression that unless you're really old, obese or have underlying health issues, you should be able to fight it off no worries (and of course there's the odd exception to this)

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

squeaky bum time for the Florida governor - and for the whole country, especially given that Florida is an ‘outdoor’ v warm  state 

71BC4DCA-9178-4C2E-A7A5-FDB8E23AEB7D.thumb.jpeg.8834bf08f6693b7dc403fcb0578912a6.jpeg

Any data from America really isn’t relevant to the rest of the world to be honest!! New York’s decline made it look like they were having a national decline, but now every other poorly run state is increasing which is making the national chart look like a second wave. 

53 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

you can't "troll" the app, that was one of the first things they put in place. which is quite something, when you think about it. 

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Fingers crossed you will be ok. Good luck

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

you can't "troll" the app, that was one of the first things they put in place. which is quite something, when you think about it. 

How?

What's to stop someone who hasn't got it saying they have?

Genuine question. If the answer is that it requires a certified clinician to activate, I'm fine with that, but...

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They may be incubating the disease ..... can take up to fourteen days for symptoms to become evident ....in the week before symptoms appear, you are infectious ......

they may also be asymptomatic but could end up being tested as they’ve been in close contact with someone who has developed the illness. 

Then how will they know they have it? You have to tell the app. It doesn't know unless you know.

So if you're either pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic, you're not going to have told the app you've got it.

So it's pointless.

I'd be all for it, but it seems a bit Emperor's New Clothes, people will believe because science (without logically explaining what that science is.) Seems more like an attempt to reassure people it's ok to go back out, super-app will protect you! 

1 hour ago, promised land said:

I’d sooner be on site than at home.

Agreed. My work has been severely cut down but not furloughed due to being agency staff. I'm also aware that I'll be one of the first on the chopping block once things get done. I can't remember the last unbroken night's sleep I had - which is affecting my partner. 

If people assume I'm having a jolly then I'll gladly swap with them. I'm petrified of spending money because I don't know if I'll have any in a few month's time. 

• Sad 1