Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ryan Bennett Joins On Loan

10 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

But if he plays shyte, we’re stuck with him. 

I trust our scouting team to have ensured this won't be the case. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A fee has supposedly already been agreed in the summer for £5m, Percy reported it when he joined on deadline day.

A preliminary fee. Doesn't stop them from taking him back at the end of the loan and saying they've revalued him and demand more/ sell to someone else. 

I think Brendan is keen to build for next season asap and he is part 1 of the build. Wouldn't surprise me if we line up a few deals to be finalised on the opening of the window to be honest.

The £5m is an "option to buy" isn't it? I don't think they can turn around and take that away / sell to someone else for more unless we say we're not exercising that option. 

I don't know what us being "keen" to make it permanent means, of course we'd had to have some interest in doing that already or we wouldn't have got the clause put in! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucey said:

The £5m is an "option to buy" isn't it? I don't think they can turn around and take that away / sell to someone else for more unless we say we're not exercising that option. 

I don't know what us being "keen" to make it permanent means, of course we'd had to have some interest in doing that already or we wouldn't have got the clause put in! 

These things normally work by there will be a certain date that Leicester have first refusal on him at that price so in effect if you exercise that and agree terms with the player he can't go anywhere else.  Same happened with Alderweireld and Edouard with us last summer.

The latter is just Leicester protecting their potential investment.  For example if Bennett came in, played every game, was a star and went to the Euros or something like that (unlikely I know), then Wolves would want a helluva lot more money for him.

Edited by henrik_62

5 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

These things normally work by there will be a certain date that Leicester have first refusal on him at that price so in effect if you exercise that and agree terms with the player he can't go anywhere else.  Same happened with Alderweireld and Edouard with us last summer.

The latter is just Leicester protecting their potential investment.  For example if Bennett came in, played every game, was a star and went to the Euros or something like that (unlikely I know), then Wolves would want a helluva lot more money for him.

If he plays a certain amount of games we have an obligation to buy him, the fee will already be set. 

44 minutes ago, Bert said:

If he plays a certain amount of games we have an obligation to buy him, the fee will already be set. 

Do you know that for certain?  What I read when he signed was Leicester have a £5m option, that's very different to an obligation to buy.

Edited by henrik_62

32 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Do you know that for certain?  What I read when he signed was Leicester have a £5m option, that's very different to an obligation to buy.

Yes, that’s for certain. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Yeah confirmed by Percy. Option turns into obligation after a certain number of games. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

He tried to play the man and not that ball. That’s a ball a CB should be able to deal with even after the bounce.

100%. This may work on strikers in the spl but up against Jutkiewicz you’re unlucky to win that type of battle. 

Mistakes happen, doesn’t make him a bad player. He needs to learn from that and quickly. Worried he won’t get another chance to make amends for a while. 

I’m personally a CB and I’ve made similar mistakes and you know what you’ve done wrong instantly. This is nothing to do with his talent, just a lapse in judgement. Glad he made it there and not for us. 

Edited by Lambert09

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't think it's a surprise to see him slot in well to a formation he's played in for three or four seasons now.

Was a bit mental not starting him considering the tactic, made a huge difference having JJ as a wing back.

Also think it's obvious we've not used him up until now because he had a 'must sign if makes X number of appearances clause'

• Like 2

I know we improved as a team when he came on but did he really do anything. I thought it was more a case of the formation suited us better . And didn’t anyone notice him completely  miss-control   the ball and it go out for a throw in .