Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ryan Bennett Joins On Loan

Why have we given Wes another year if he isn't up to it? Surely he starts over Bennett without a second thought? Either Wes is still up to it to some extent, in which case start the captain who won you the title over the workmanlike, limited lad we've got on loan, or he isn't up to it, in which case why on earth have we given him another year? Makes no sense to me. 

• Like 1

So, he gets praised to the max after Palace, and within 4 days he’s a Sunday league player. 
Perspective is called for. No doubt after another decent game he’s a bargain, gerrrimmin again ! 

Need better if we get Europe and need depth. As mentioned in the match thread he'd be fine back in the hoofing and shithouse days where Morgan and Huth just toe poked the ball forward anywhere no matter what. Looked a bit out of place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

So, he gets praised to the max after Palace, and within 4 days he’s a Sunday league player. 

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to FoxesTalk :frantics:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Paul Fitzpatrick 2.0

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Did a job in the last 2 games!

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

That's his first start for us away to Arsenal in a new system for the whole defence. Not sure he deserves any real criticism just yet. 

2 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Perspective is called for. No doubt after another decent game he’s a bargain, gerrrimmin again ! 

Perspective? Fans on a forum? You mad? lol

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

That's his first start for us away to Arsenal in a new system for the whole defence. Not sure he deserves any real criticism just yet. 

Well balanced and rational opinion? You're on the wrong forum mate.

We saw tonight why Nuno has tried very hard to replace him, with the likes of Saiss and that Real Madrid centre back they had on loan. He is defensively ok, a good physical presence, but can switch off and his passing is abysmal - Schmeichel never passed the ball out to him, because he knew Bennet would not be able to comfortably receive and pass it, unlike Soyuncu and Evans. Whilst we should obviously give him more time, having seen him play a couple of times for Wolves I'd say the two games we've seen him in are pretty indicative of his overall level. Good defensive presence, but easily duped, slow, and cannot pass. The reason he's had a decent career up to this point is because 3 at the back formations slightly mitigate his weaknesses. Would be fine with signing him for next season if we switched to 3 at the back semi-permanently, and signed another two centre backs on top of him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Ok 5th choice. But I wouldn’t want Wes as 4th choice!

No point signing a limited player like Bennett as 5th choice for £5m. It's a no for me.

We should be developing one of our own as 5th choice and looking to buy another back up CB with a bit more quality.

• Like 2

I think in a back four as one of two centre backs he would get ran ragged by any striker with pace. In all fairness to him he has had two games and maybe lacks match fitness but from what i have seen he looks like he has no turn of speed.