Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ryan Bennett Joins On Loan

15 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

A bit harsh to single him out in an away game where the whole defense was at sea.

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Against probably the quickest attacker in the Premier League!

Maybe there are reasons why he doesn’t look up to it but our usually solid centre backs looked anything but in that three .... that’s not his fault but if he isn’t able to play in a two and the others look lost in a three then ........

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Would arsenal or spurs sign him from wolves? Would wolves sign him from wolves? 

I suspect it's a no.

What? Haha, I'm not sure that's how it works. 

Why didn't anyone sign Vardy at the time for a bargain? Huth on a free? Mahrez? 

It's about who fits what team at a given time. He might not be wanted by other clubs but be perfect for us. 

He might be a bit more limited but still doesn't deny the fact he's barely played two games. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure, at times I thought he looked slow and uncomfortable but then did he really do that much wrong? Caught out for the goal I guess but I think the bigger issues were on the other side. got away with a couple of blocks when he didn't want to run after the attacker. I think we need better, certainly if back is a long term thing but we could play a lot of money for someone to play the role he has in the squad.

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

What? Haha, I'm not sure that's how it works. 

Why didn't anyone sign Vardy at the time for a bargain? Huth on a free? Mahrez? 

It's about who fits what team at a given time. He might not be wanted by other clubs but be perfect for us. 

He might be a bit more limited but still doesn't deny the fact he's barely played two games. 

It works because none of them were journeyman pros who've carved out an entire career at championship level.

No shame in being a journeyman pro. I'd love to have been good enough to be one.

As an emergency cover, I'd have complete understanding of him joining us. But as a starter?! As a choice ahead of proven PL players who know our system inside out? 

Top class teams - and we are a whisker away from that - don't sign wolves cast offs to improve themselves. That's simple logic.

13 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

That's his first start for us away to Arsenal in a new system for the whole defence. Not sure he deserves any real criticism just yet. 

Exactly its pathetic. We're Leicester, we're not in a position to back up CB's who are as good as Evans/Soyuncu who will be happy to be on the bench all season

Don't think he did that much wrong to be honest with you.

May have been some miscommunications between him and Justin, but that's surely to be expected considering they've hardly played together (and is a new formation for most of the team).

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Don't think he did that much wrong to be honest with you.

May have been some miscommunications between him and Justin, but that's surely to be expected considering they've hardly played together (and is a new formation for most of the team).

Agree with this. First half was very shaky down that side and it seemed to completely throw Caglar off his game. Second half I thought Bennett got his act together and the defence looked much more comfortable. Like you say, a new formation is always going to take some time to adapt to. That said, I'd prefer we signed a younger, pacier LCB. My one concern with Bennett is that he makes Harry Maguire look like Thierry Henry.

• Haha 2

He has been categorically shite in every minute he has played for us.

We have had Ricardo Pereira, Ben Chilwell and James Maddison all season yet we have chosen to move to a 3 at the back with a central attacking midfielder with wingbacks when those three players are injured to accomodate Ryan ****ing Bennett?

Soyuncu and Evans haven't looked at all comfortable in the 3 either.