Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Norwich pre-match (A)

It would be nice if we could come full circle and get back to pre-Norwich at home with an absolutely dominant display tonight.

Performances have been improving... but we desperately need a result. And desperately need JV9 to start looking like a Premier League striker again....

1-2. Vardy (2).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke: "Leicester are good in their pressing but we were capable of bypassing that [in the 1-1 draw] in December. 

"They like to overload the centre, so we have to be compact to take the key players out of the game."

We played the dreaded diamond didn't we after it working vs Villa the week before. I think we will look to expose them from out wide, Barnes to come back in would be the obvious selection.

Barnes is a must and I'd be tempted to play Gray on the other wing. We can stretch these and they make a lot of errors that fast players can seize upon. I'd definitely play Hamza as we need a player to force those mistakes.

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Hamza

Gray

Maddison

Barnes

Iheanacho

Vardy

No chance of that lineup but guaranteed 0-6 victory. 

15 minutes ago, FIF said:

Barnes is a must and I'd be tempted to play Gray on the other wing. We can stretch these and they make a lot of errors that fast players can seize upon. I'd definitely play Hamza as we need a player to force those mistakes.

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Hamza

Gray

Maddison

Barnes

Iheanacho

Vardy

I like your thinking but I think we've got to get Praet into the team. We need his creative passing He can provide the long range Balls in behind their defenders. for our fast players to get on to.

I'd play Hamza and Praet together and continue with Ricardo raiding down the line with Hamza covering behind him. 

Then bring on Gray if needed 2nd half.

We've got to win this though, Otherwise nerves will kick in and we know what that brings.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

I think rodgers has been guilty of over thinking it since then. But thats definitely not the main cause.

Shit form being so bad we cant pass a single ball, show for a pass, or attempt to move forwards is not a tactical decision.

Hyperbolic much? lol

• Haha 1

Really looking forward to this one. First visit to Carrow Road, wet and rainy Friday night under the lights. Will undoubtedly be a tough game. Hopefully their need for points will mean they leave space for us to get in behind and punish them. Jamie is due a goal. Hopefully we’ve learnt from the mistake of playing a diamond against them this time. Hard fought 3-1 win, Vardy to get back on the scoresheet, Maddison to net and not celebrate

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Hamza

Gray

Maddison

Barnes

Iheanacho

Vardy

I really like this line up, but would be tempted to bring Praet in for Maddison and go classical pace-heavy 442. Then if we do need to change we can have Maddison on for Kelechi or Vardy and Perez for Gray to go back to our usual 4141 formation. 

Just hope this goes ahead as planned, with all the corona virus bedlam at present.

As for the game, I have three major wishes:

• Vardy scoring again after nine games without
  • Our midfield bossing it again (tough ask without Ndidi, but maybe putting Tielemans and Praet in a deeper role and Maddison in front works; or maybe Choudhury has learnt from his recent silly mistakes)
  • Schmeichel not flapping it from corners any longer

I think our back four is fine, it's just the rest that have given me reason for concern lately.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

lets hope its a good game, could be our last for a while, if the rest of the worlds cancellations of big events is anything to go by.

What I'd like to see us do is someone to carry the Ball past a defender. Ricardo is the only one to take on someone. That's the way to create space as someone has to come and try to close you down.

Players running with the Ball has cost us Goals in the last few Games.  It like our players are instructed to pass rather than try and commit someone.

• Like 1

Wonder if Delia will do herExtremely  Pished half time fan talk again a year on since that famous “ Where are Ya Where are Ya Let’s be Avin you !!” Speech at half time ?

Will be watching this one at work SO COME ON YOU FOXES !! Let’s go nipping the wings from those canaries !!

13 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

I think rodgers has been guilty of over thinking it since then. But thats definitely not the main cause.

Shit form being so bad we cant pass a single ball, show for a pass, or attempt to move forwards is not a tactical decision.

I Think fans have been more guilty of that over thinking....!!!!

Amateure believing they know better...foxesforum-syndrom

Edited by fuchsntf

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Wonder if Delia will do herExtremely  Pished half time fan talk again a year on since that famous “ Where are Ya Where are Ya Let’s be Avin you !!” Speech at half time ?

Will be watching this one at work SO COME ON YOU FOXES !! Let’s go nipping the wings from those canaries !!

I've great admiration for Delia, It' takes a lot of Balls to put all of your money into saving the Club and she nearly lost it all. Thankfully things improved and she might have got it back now.

Not necessary this Single game..but this period,will Show us if we have taken That jump,into being a clinical,get the job done Top 6 consistent team....

if this young Team can refind form and early season mojo during this tiring part of the season....

We talk often of other Teams learning..lets See if we can do our own learning,and some teaching...!!

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

10000% wouldn't bring Choudhury back in for this ... Praet is good enough to keep a central place.

I agree with you, but we can't play 442 Diamond as we tried that against them last time and it backfired spectacularly.

I think we might go 3-4-1-1 like against Man City, with Nacho or Barnes just off Vardy. Probably Barnes as Nacho almost got sent off against Norwich last time and is recovering from an injury.

Praet was really good against Man City barring the phantom penalty!

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We played the dreaded diamond didn't we after it working vs Villa the week before. I think we will look to expose them from out wide, Barnes to come back in would be the obvious selection.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

I will be dissapointed if we go with 3 centre halves. Let’s go with what has been relatively successful so far. They think we prefer going through the middle so blast the wings and hurt them there. 

I think we could still make it happen if Farke is saying that. Utilise Pereira and Chilwell on the wings along with Barnes playing with Vardy. Both have capability to run the channels if necessary too...

Kasper

Bennett - Evans - Soyuncu

Pereira ------------------------------------- Chilwell

Choudhury

Praet - Maddison

Vardy - Barnes

Tielemans can come on and be more of an impact player if needed. Same with Iheanacho. 

• Like 1