Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

Even if he does sign this morning, i doubt we'll see him until after the international break. Gives him a couple of weeks to sort things out and get used to his surroundings. I guess if Evans is missing they'll be the temptation to chuck him in but I doubt it. 

• Like 1

On 30/09/2020 at 00:24, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

If you like Wesley Fofana

And getting caught in the rain

14 hours ago, SO1 said:

This is class. Finish it maestro.

8 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

No I really can't be arsed

You shouldn't really 'escape' that easily @Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo or I will have to give it a go.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

But Castagne didn't need to have it in Germany to get around the quarantine as Italy had no restrictions with the UK? 

Well he absolutely fully had it in Germany 

It is crazy to pay £30m plus for a 19 yr old defender who has only played half a season. I hope our recruitment team is right and he is on some 6+ yr contract, because as far as I am concerned Evans and Cags remain first choice CB for this season and no matter how good this bloke is he needs to be third choice at best despite the price tag.

The fact that he also declared he wanted to leave so early because this is a lot of money to

him also does not sit well with me. He would want to leave as soon as a “big” club comes in.

9 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

It is crazy to pay £30m plus for a 19 yr old defender who has only played half a season. I hope our recruitment team is right and he is on some 6+ yr contract, because as far as I am concerned Evans and Cags remain first choice CB for this season and no matter how good this bloke is he needs to be third choice at best despite the price tag.

The fact that he also declared he wanted to leave so early because this is a lot of money to

him also does not sit well with me. He would want to leave as soon as a “big” club comes in.

I think we have to accept that part of the reason we've paid so much for this player is the club are confident they can flip him for a big profit in a few years time.

Its part of our business model now and at the moment its working.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I think we have to accept that part of the reason we've paid so much for this player is the club are confident they can flip him for a big profit in a few years time.

Its part of our business model now and at the moment its working.

We hope. CBs are like fine wine. They time to mature. This is a speculative punt. Fingers crossed!!

12 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

He's just been transparent. These are key drivers for almost every footballers decisions. It's a job and, like any inherently competitive person,   you want to reach the top and be compensated the most  you can get

15 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Well that's a bit of a silly thing to say

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

It is crazy to pay £30m plus for a 19 yr old defender who has only played half a season. I hope our recruitment team is right and he is on some 6+ yr contract, because as far as I am concerned Evans and Cags remain first choice CB for this season and no matter how good this bloke is he needs to be third choice at best despite the price tag.8

I'd prefer a 6 year contract too but it's been widely reported that its a 5 year one.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Well he absolutely fully had it in Germany 

You are absolutely right he did, and there's obviously reasons for having it there but I'm not sure it was due to quarantine as Castagne surely didn't need to but maybe because he was on international duty it muddied the waters.

12 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

We hope. CBs are like fine wine. They time to mature. This is a speculative punt. Fingers crossed!!

That's how you make money though, isn't it? Buy them, allow them to mature, sell at profit. 

20 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Bearing in mind the money we paid for him the 'big' clubs will only show any interest if he's been tearing it up for us because obviously he'll have a high starting price.  He surely will be a backup squad member and I don't see that being an issue, remember Soyuncu came in for a fairly high fee for a backup player and we didn't really see him for a whole season, now look at him.  In the meantime it gives us more depth in a much needed area where even our 3rd choice can expect a lot of opportunities to play and develop.  The only risk here is if the guy gets crocked or simply doesn't live up to potential which are risks in every transfer.