Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Chelsea Post Match

Decent first half, but that second half was back to our usual poor self. I think there’s a number of things holding us back at the minute.

Firstly, the chances our centre backs keep getting. Caglar has 1 goal all season, he’s had chances, but doesn’t take them. Evans is the same, 1 goal all season, but numerous chances from set pieces. When our forwards aren’t scoring, we need someone to come along and just help them out, lets get a shithouse goal to take the pressure off, no-one seems to be able to do that.

Secondly, our wingers. Neither of them score enough for the chances they get. Perez does some nice balls, keep us ticking over nicely, his link up play is generally good and helps us play better, but I don’t think he’ll ever regularly start scoring goals. Barnes gets into good positions, is only young so hopefully he’ll improve, but at the minute we need goals, we need CL.

Then we come onto Rodgers, I love him, but some of his decisions baffle me. In the Brighton game I could forgive him starting Mendy and Ndidi, but it was obvious it wasn’t working. We were crying out for subs at HT, at the 55th minute at the latest, yet we waited until almost the 70th minute until making changes. By the time the subs got into the game we only had 15 minutes to try to grab a win. It does look like we only have one way of playing, we seem out of ideas as soon as we need a goal and the other team sits back.

Vardy has also been massively out of form, he just hasn’t looked the same player since Christmas. Yes sometimes the service isn’t great, which obviously won’t help him, but I don’t think he’s helping himself at times, he’s been poor.

I think our squad is probably good enough to finish about 7th, the only reason we’re where we are is because Vardy went on that ridiculous run of form and scored some silly goals. We haven’t got the bench to change a game. Imagine subbing on Barnes or Maddison rather than Gray or Mendy. I don’t personally think other than a winger we’ll be able to improve the starting 11 that much, so we’ll probably have to buy better bench and squad players to replace the current ones. We’ve just got make sure they’re upgrades. In January, we were crying out for reinforcements, I still can’t believe we didn’t sign anyone other than Bennett (we may have tried to, I am not sure). Our weak point all season has been our wing positions, imagine if they’d have been upgraded in January.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 2

Players look like they have totally lost their confidence.

Worrying that the manager seems incapable of turning it around.

You just knew that when Chelsea scored it was game over.

Very poor 90 minutes for me. The first 20 we flattered to deceive, Chelsea were so slow out the blocks and we were like a little championship side snatching at every opportunity. Nothing positive from that performance for me. 

Perez is a waste of time and Albrighton should not be anywhere near a team with European ambitions anymore. 

I can’t believe a side can be that bad for three games. Atrocious performance today.

Praet going off killed us. Whether it was for fitness concerns or not, looked considerably worse in midfield the second he goes off. 

And I'm not saying throw him in the bin for the inevitable clever guy that will say "he's just young", but Barnes' poor touches and composure has lost us the game in the end. Even 1 of those go in and it's a different game. 

• Like 1

Starting to think we over achieved earlier this season and this is our actual level.

On the positives, first half was good and kasper saved us from being embarrassed.

We arent bad, we just arent that great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We’re an absolute joke. Major major issues. Brendan seems clueless, we can’t  create anything and we look done. 

Ive defended Chilwell thousands of times but if he wants to have a laugh at the end of that shite then he can **** off too. Absolute shambles