Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Chelsea Post Match

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Why didn't BR bring Nacho on?

We're NOT scoring goals Brendan!!!

Bizarre decision. Doesn't matter if we lose 2-0, chuck on everything you've got nothing to lose.

Guest An Sionnach

Stats say there was nothing in it, as usual with Chelsea , but if Vardy doesn't score then we are always going to struggle. I will say it yet again , we have nothing to lose by trying Hirst ffs.

Our lack of squad is our undoing. Chelsea had quality game changers on the bench and we have nothing. Chelsea, United and even wolves have much better squads which suits them with the new 5 sub rule. Not one player on our bench today that I genuinely thought could come on and change the game whilst Chelsea throw on RLC, Barkley and Pedro. This is going to be a long, painful end to this season. Think null and void would be more favourable than watching us right now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, peterborofox said:

Can't wait to hear the usual excuses from Rodgers. 

These performances have been worse than any under Puel. And the tactics and subs are no better either 

Honestly can't see where the next goal is coming from let alone win. Have tough games coming up and can only see us getting worse.

Have nothing going forward at all, when was the last time an opposition keeper made a save?

Awful. Waiting for the clichés of bad day at the office and young team lacking confidence blah blah.

Players and Rodgers deserve a lot of stick at the moment.

Players have lost their mojo again 

Difficult situation. Everyone wants passing football. Worked for us until every side rumbled us. Absolutely useless going forward now. Can't see Brendan playing any other way and players just not good enough to be Barcelona MkII. Stick or bust?

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

We had the chances we just didn’t take them .  Second half was poor but the first half was good. Not sure what else to say really

The thing is though, they are mostly half chances or falling to defenders. We have created fcuk all yet again for Vardy. Barnes had a few half sniffs where he miscontrolled but overall I think our whole style of play is now nullifying our attacking players and we've no clue or options to change it.

Season looks hugely in trouble.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Decent first half, but that second half was back to our usual poor self. I think there’s a number of things holding us back at the minute.

Firstly, the chances our centre backs keep getting. Caglar has 1 goal all season, he’s had chances, but doesn’t take them. Evans is the same, 1 goal all season, but numerous chances from set pieces. When our forwards aren’t scoring, we need someone to come along and just help them out, lets get a shithouse goal to take the pressure off, no-one seems to be able to do that.

Secondly, our wingers. Neither of them score enough for the chances they get. Perez does some nice balls, keep us ticking over nicely, his link up play is generally good and helps us play better, but I don’t think he’ll ever regularly start scoring goals. Barnes gets into good positions, is only young so hopefully he’ll improve, but at the minute we need goals, we need CL.

Then we come onto Rodgers, I love him, but some of his decisions baffle me. In the Brighton game I could forgive him starting Mendy and Ndidi, but it was obvious it wasn’t working. We were crying out for subs at HT, at the 55th minute at the latest, yet we waited until almost the 70th minute until making changes. By the time the subs got into the game we only had 15 minutes to try to grab a win. It does look like we only have one way of playing, we seem out of ideas as soon as we need a goal and the other team sits back.

Vardy has also been massively out of form, he just hasn’t looked the same player since Christmas. Yes sometimes the service isn’t great, which obviously won’t help him, but I don’t think he’s helping himself at times, he’s been poor.

I think our squad is probably good enough to finish about 7th, the only reason we’re where we are is because Vardy went on that ridiculous run of form and scored some silly goals. We haven’t got the bench to change a game. Imagine subbing on Barnes or Maddison rather than Gray or Mendy. I don’t personally think other than a winger we’ll be able to improve the starting 11 that much, so we’ll probably have to buy better bench and squad players to replace the current ones. We’ve just got make sure they’re upgrades. In January, we were crying out for reinforcements, I still can’t believe we didn’t sign anyone other than Bennett (we may have tried to, I am not sure). Our weak point all season has been our wing positions, imagine if they’d have been upgraded in January.

There was nothing decent about the first half. If we were a championship team playing Chelsea. Fair enough. We were like headless chickens who couldn’t believe our luck that they were making mistakes. There were no decent passes from us, no real chance on goal created by us or anything which showed any sort of quality. It was what I would expect of a championship side starting against a slow premier league side. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One moment of slack defending and we're gone! Wheels have well and truly fell off! Played well but at the end of the day it was not good enough, chelsea were bang average too!!!

Better than the previous 2!!!

Some/all of our attacking players need to grow a pair. Toothless. 

Positives: Chillwell, Soyuncu and Kasper excellent again.

Negatives: when will we ever score again? If our attack on the pitch is useless, what about our bench?! 

• Like 1

We wasted chances in the first half and got predictably punished in the second. Lack of confidence, our squad is paper thin and we're sorely missing Pereira. The only positives were Kasper, Praet and Justin.

Rodgers needs to sort this out real quick and hold onto that 3rd place because we won't have another go at the CL before a very, very long time.

When you're losing, have a striker on the bench, an unused sub and then don't use him you've given up on the game. Either Kelechi should have never been on the bench to begin with or he should have been in the game. The left on the bench option is unforgivable. The manager gave up on the game.

• Like 4

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Stats say there was nothing in it, as usual with Chelsea , but if Vardy doesn't score then we are always going to struggle. I will say it yet again , we have nothing to lose by trying Hirst ffs.

We have nothing to lose throwing big Wes up top doesn’t mean it’s a good idea 

We need two actual quality wingers this window and two actual goal scorers, we’re completely crap going forward. Gray I’m fed up of waiting to come good. Barnes isn’t good enough either.

Tielemans looks fat and sluggish, has done for a while now. Maddison, Vardy, Ricardo & Ndidi are the only reason we’re not in the relegation zone. Saying that Vardy looks shot now too.