Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Chelsea Post Match

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

15 minutes completely let themselves down as a collective. 

Kovacic came on ran the show. We should have push about fifteen yards as a team up the pitch. Instead we just let them get us deeper and deeper. 

They also brought on Willian, who is absolutely rapid, so pushing further up the pitch would probably have only led to one thing.

Our squad just isn't that good, we have no game changers to bring off the bench.

Said I'd settle for a narrow defeat and I stand by that as I couldn't see us beating Chelsea in a month of Sundays. 

Still haven't seen enough to give me the belief we can get ourselves out of this rut.

Rodgers has been clueless ever since he got his new contract. His substitutions and tactics are terrible.

Oh well hope springs eternal because it's only hope we have at the minute

It’s just so frustrating every time now. Rodgers is so stubborn and every other manager makes 5 subs in the game but he only ever makes 3. Surely 19/20 are right and not the guy who has drawn against the mighty Watford and Brighton. No ihenacho is disappointing especially when you’re losing in the cup - a situation Ihenacho tends to thrive in. Gray cam on too later. 15 minutes for one of our best players since lockdown. Chilwell smiling at the end says it all. There are players who care like schmeichel and albrighton who seemed angry at the end but there doesn’t seem to be a drive or spark in the game. 

Bin. We look devoid of confidence again, no potency and no real fight to get a result.

We've bottled it since December in honesty, a good result occasionally but poor form. Whether it steams from Rodgers new contract or us getting our poo pushed in by Man City & Liverpool in succession later that month, I don't know. Really looking like we're throwing a spectacular start to the season away.

Why the **** did Rodgers/the team do a complete 180 in the 2nd half? We looked good and a win or at least a goal would have given us some confidence. Albrighton and Choudhury coming on just killed our chances. Nacho not being brought on is a mystery, our reliance on Vardy is scary, when he isn't on form we are useless.

Need some big transfers this Summer. If we get Europe we can't be bringing on Choudhury, Albrighton and Gray. 

Just now, filthyfox said:

At the end, one player stood out for me.... Chilwell grinning his ****ing head off

Annoying if true, but at least his performance means he can hold his head high. He must be running twice what his team mates cover in a game at the mo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewEnglandFox said:

When you're losing, have a striker on the bench, an unused sub and then don't use him you've given up on the game. Either Kelechi should have never been on the bench to begin with or he should have been in the game. The left on the bench option is unforgivable. The manager gave up on the game.

That concerned me too. 

1 minute ago, wokinghamfox said:

If our development is to continue then this squad needs a serious refreshment in the summer. Its gone about as far as it can.

Coutinho would be worth every penny we have to go out and get him.

Hilarious .........  maybe he could bring messi with him ...... (apparently it’s between us and palace for the two of them)

Guest An Sionnach
Just now, Richard said:

We have nothing to lose throwing big Wes up top doesn’t mean it’s a good idea 

Chilwell and Soyuncu are our major threat at the moment so perhaps it would be a good idea.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing is though, they are mostly half chances or falling to defenders. We have created fcuk all yet again for Vardy. Barnes had a few half sniffs where he miscontrolled but overall I think our whole style of play is now nullifying our attacking players and we've no clue or options to change it.

Season looks hugely in trouble.

Barnes's skyrocket didn't bother that much but we got two great chances from set-pieces though. Thing is our main wide threat is injured until October and really don't have any winger worth 10 goals a season.