Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I hate the phrase "he's entitled to go down." Sums up a lot about modern football in one phrase.

Yep that one pissed me off too ...  “if there was contact he’s entitled to go down” ...    it’s a fvckin contact sport you feckin prat !!!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Even the beeb are getting arsey when Robbo challenges the game! 

D036AF7D-E0D9-4F70-95F8-4D8473B705F7.png

Love how it's been realigned to "this round of fixtures". Remember two seasons ago they kept banging on about how often Man City and Liverpool replaced one another at the top. No they just played at different times. Guess they go by whichever suits the narrative. 

• Like 2

There's games like this which are cagey and tight and ultimately boring. 

Then games like ours yesterday which are cagey for the most part but actually has some quality about it. 

Since when (and why) did this fixture get so boring?!

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Bruno Fernandes has been woeful but he'll probably score the winner and win player of the month. 

He'll probably miss four more passes, take two more dives, and win player of the month.

19 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Most of the worst bits of football are directly because refs allow it. Walking away with the ball after giving a free kick away, not penalising diving. All on the refs

Rashford got whistled offside in the first half. He carried on, then stopped, then kicked the ball into the net. I'd have booked him for that. Kicking the ball away once you've stopped is the same whether it's into the goal or not. 

19 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I swear a chunky percentage of overhyped matches end up 0-0.

Reckon if you put money on a nil nil for every match given a similar billing as this one, you'd probably win more money than you'll lose.

Spot in with this. The so called 'big games' are usually so boring.

Get hyped up to fvck by Sky and then a massive let down.

Games like this aren't the same without a crowd to add some animosity and intensity though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

Carragher: "As it stands, this massively benefits Manchester City."

....what about the team in second place Jamie?

Yeah exactly, not just us tho as apparently Man city are the only team a draw benefits according to him 

• Like 4