Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

hmmm.

I would say it was less about calling out Mendy as not being very good post Brighton, I don’t particularly think he’s all that and unlike everyone else here my mind is not going to be swung over by a couple of good performances but this is besides the point. It was somewhat the manner of the post. 

I believe he was described as talentless, league one at best, wouldn’t get into our wonderful 2006 side and the most limited footballer he had ever witnessed. Now, he didn’t have a great game, but that is clearly a load of shit.

Obviously I went to far that game and that’s why I’m putting my hands up and admitting I was wrong.

I was angry with the performance, the way we set up was ridiculous and Mendy got the brunt of my anger because on the day he was shocking and watching back it was clear he was unfit and unconfident.

His movement this season was like chalk and cheese compared to then(he barely moved) and his passing that day was pathetic and almost like he didn’t want the ball. The lack of confidence was clear and I stand by criticising him that day, however the level I went was ridiculous.

We’d just been on lockdown, he’s barely played for ages and gets thrown in, also as 442 with Ndidi(which never works) and Maddison left wing(which never works) and Gray on the other wing(arguably never works too).

Looking back as poor as Mendy was that day, that set up from BR was an utter joke and didn’t help any of them.

When he’s got the space to himself to mop up and flick little balls round the corner and knick possession then he’s more than comfortable. He was fantastic yesterday and deserves the praise but it was actually the West Brom game that I sat up and took note. Straight away I thought ‘he’s improved’ very tidy that day. He then imo wasn’t great vs Burnley, 2nd half looked quite tired and careless so I was worried vs City he would be not good enough but he’s proved me wrong and put him a top performance.

Now let’s not get ahead of ourselves. He’s not the next Kante but hes a hard worker and seems like a good professional and I’m glad he’s perseverance has led to both personal success and club success so far and gives us a bit of depth in our europa league campaign.

5 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Obviously I went to far that game and that’s why I’m putting my hands up and admitting I was wrong.

I was angry with the performance, the way we set up was ridiculous and Mendy got the brunt of my anger because on the day he was shocking and watching back it was clear he was unfit and unconfident.

His movement this season was like chalk and cheese compared to then(he barely moved) and his passing that day was pathetic and almost like he didn’t want the ball. The lack of confidence was clear and I stand by criticising him that day, however the level I went was ridiculous.

We’d just been on lockdown, he’s barely played for ages and gets thrown in, also as 442 with Ndidi(which never works) and Maddison left wing(which never works) and Gray on the other wing(arguably never works too).

Looking back as poor as Mendy was that day, that set up from BR was an utter joke and didn’t help any of them.

When he’s got the space to himself to mop up and flick little balls round the corner and knick possession then he’s more than comfortable. He was fantastic yesterday and deserves the praise but it was actually the West Brom game that I sat up and took note. Straight away I thought ‘he’s improved’ very tidy that day. He then imo wasn’t great vs Burnley, 2nd half looked quite tired and careless so I was worried vs City he would be not good enough but he’s proved me wrong and put him a top performance.

Now let’s not get ahead of ourselves. He’s not the next Kante but hes a hard worker and seems like a good professional and I’m glad he’s perseverance has led to both personal success and club success so far and gives us a bit of depth in our europa league campaign.

You’re an amusing lad 😂🤦‍♂️ You do mean well from what I can tell though so I’ll be civil.

We’ve gone from pining for the days of a prime Gareth Williams to warning us he’s not the next Ngolo Kante literally in the space of 4 competitive games 😂

Ndidi Injured the other day
Happy people pass my way
Looking in their eyes
I see a memory
I never realized
How happy you made me, oh Mendy
Well, you came and you gave without taking
But We sent you away, oh Mendy
Well, you passed and stopped them from attacking
And We need you today, oh Mendy
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You’re an amusing lad 😂🤦‍♂️ You do mean well from what I can tell though so I’ll be civil.

We’ve gone from pining for the days of a prime Gareth Williams to warning us he’s not the next Ngolo Kante literally in the space of 4 competitive games 😂

No need to be patronising.

Like I’ve said the over exaggerated nature post Brighton was heat of the moment and so obviously comparing him to a Gareth Williams or league 1 standard etc I’m clearly saying was too far.

However I’m not then saying suddenly he’s the next Kante. He was very poor vs Brighton and deserved criticism, however as said I went a bit far which I’ve admitted. Then again I don’t suddenly think now he’s cracked it.

He looked better vs West Brom, ok but a bit iffy vs Burnley and fantastic vs City. It’s promising progress and I thought he deserved credit when credit is due. I still don’t think he’s a fantastic player and Ndidi is above him but he’s a likeable character, he works hard and gives his all for the badge and is a valuable member of the squad.

He’ll start and rightly so against West Ham, so let’s see how he continues.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Wolfox said:

A little bump up for the beautiful man…. Was outstanding again today…. 

I love how he always tries to take it on the half turn and tries to be positive….

Busy - hustling - effective  

He continues to have a great start to the season…. So glad we got him to sign up…

Brilliant tonight! Beat me to it was just searching for the thread!

• Like 3