Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Harvey Barnes named in full England squad

2 hours ago, Gwyn said:

He should have scored with the 1v1, I saw Brendan say Fuchs sake when he missed.

I hope he can become more clinical because at the minute that's what's holding him back 

Yeah tactical mastermind has an injury weakened team working like a well oiled machine but when barnes is one on one there is nothing you can do.

Thought their keeper did well though generally..

5 hours ago, Dorchester Fox said:

Why does it make you feel uneasy? 

I'm not a huge fan of seeing manchildren in overly small tight shorts....

9 hours ago, Gwyn said:

He should have scored with the 1v1, I saw Brendan say Fuchs sake when he missed.

I hope he can become more clinical because at the minute that's what's holding him back 

Was too close to the keeper, needed to try and round him, nowhere near as bad as some of his misses in a Leicester shirt. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theessexfox said:

Any reason Jude Bellingham has been called up to replace Ward-Prowse and not Maddison?

Mentioned a similar thing in the Prem thread. Not against it given it now gives Maddison a week to recuperate, but seems a bit odd? 

Assume with TAA likely withdrawing we'll see Wan Bissaka called up over someone like Justin or Lamptey 

Edited by UniFox21

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't mind. 

In this kind of season where fixtures are ridiculously congested, and especially in Maddison's case where he's just come back from injuries, not being called up for internationals is perfectly fine by me. 

Don't get me wrong I'm immensely proud for any player that gets called up to play for their country but for this season the less the better! 

Caps awarded under Southgate’s tenure are devalued currency IMHO. The sooner the idiot goes the better 

• Like 1

Don’t really see why people are moaning about Bellingham being called up. He’s a massive talent and looks as if he might be the only true box to box central midfielder we have. We don’t have much balance in midfield - too many accountancy passers in Henderson, Winks, Rice etc or converted attacking midfielders like Maddison & Foden.

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

England are shite for a few reasons, but one of those reasons is picking players based on reputation (often their clubs not the players) rather than ability/results on the pitch. It’s no surprise.

Southgate has called up Jake Livermore, Jack Cork and Callum Wilson in recent years!

On 06/11/2020 at 13:31, ajthefox said:

I don't think anyone who isn't a villa fan likes Grealish but anyone who says he's not deserving of a call up and isn't on a par with Maddison is either not watching him at all or just in pure denial.

He goes down like a sack of shit and is a whinger but he's a bloody good footballer.

I like him. But of a guilty pleasure. He's lovely to watch and at times last season single handedly won games for a poor villa side.

I also liked it in the championship when a Birmingham City fan ran on and punched him and he laughed it off and scored the winner showed despite the floppy hair and diving he's actually got a lot of inner steel. 

12 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Any reason Jude Bellingham has been called up to replace Ward-Prowse and not Maddison?

Because Gareth and the former Mr Clarke licked each other’s back passages whilst fantasising over crap players. Shame Madders and Barnes aren’t Brazilian, they would be right in there otherwise.