Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

West Ham (H) Match Thread

Just now, danny2997 said:

Pérez is having a bad game but we need the option between midfield and attack so he needs to go there and bring under on out wide. Unfortunately with Maddison and Praet both out, there's no one else we can throw on to solve the issue. 

Too many not at the office.

I’m so fed up of BR getting it wrong trying to be a smart arse!

Anyone could see this wasn’t the way to play vs West Ham for god sakes.

Vardy, Castange, Tielemens and Armarty have actually done very well funnily enough. West Ham have just set up better than us, exactly how everyone but BR predicted clearly.

Everyone can analyse how we beat City and think it’s some tactical masterclass when in reality lots of things went our way.

West ham are much tougher to break down because they arnt going to come out at Us. 3 at the back today was embarrassingly bad choice and I said that before the game.

I don’t want BR out or anything , but this is EXACTLY the reason he will never be a TOP coach for me.

It was clearly not going to work pre game but even since the fame started I could tell. When West Ham scored their first he should of reacted and changed shape, too slow until its game over. ****ing waste of time winning at City now, typical crap useless tactics cost us again!

Against a West Ham team who sit deep, overload midfield and hoof it to big Antonio up front, what does Brendan think?

they sit deep so let’s play more defencive.

they overload midfield so let’s play Mendy and Tielemens in a 2?

they play 1 up top so let’s play 3 at the back and invite them on?

Absolutely amateur today. He’s thrown the game! I’m actually fuming with the asinine logic 😡😡

• Like 1

What's happened to the 2nd best full backs in the league?

They're currently nowhere, BR needs to tweak to get them in the game, I'd dump the back 3 plan in the canal. 

Perez didn't help himself at all in that half. 

If we get the tweaks right and bring on Under, the games not over. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I think Cags and Evans struggle in a back three. IT's harder to marshal the defence.

I think you're right, at least when we're playing opposition who aren't possession based and the back three are wider. Against the likes of Man City we play narrower, so communication isn't really a problem. 

9 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Actually think amartey has done rather well 

But he’s wasted 90% of the time 

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

i have faith that Rodgers will change it up a bit and it will make a difference... but i fear a 2 goal head start might be a bit too much..

He tends not to ..until it’s too late 

Why are we even playing a back 3 against the mighty West Ham? Man City, yes, understood and should have done it last year as well but, we should be taking the game to these with confidence and building on our early season form. He won't make a change at halftime because he's bottleless. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Why on earth anyone would keep Perez on, whatever his position is beyond me. Jogging about, no effort, giving the ball away, he's being slated on the radio as well. Armarty has arguably been our best defender today, Evans not fit.

I don't see who else we have that can play that role. In an ideal world we'd have Maddison or Praet available. If we take Perez off we need another midfielder on imo but we don't have an attacking mid available.

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm shocked how many people want Amartey off. Evans and Cags have had a much worse half than him.

I think the underlying point is, DA works well with a back 3, but Evans and Cags work better in a 4.  So DA would go in order to try and get back to a stable back 4 and hopefully free up a man for attack. Just my 2p.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Try to stay positive, but we showed no urgency to score towards the end of the half and the longer this stays at 0-2 (or worse, more) the less likely it will be to get back in it.

That's stating the obvious a bit. But we had lots of room behind their defense, just need to be a bit sharper when it matters.