Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Liverpool (a) - Match Thread

A step too far for the back 5 unfortunately, been run ragged by the pace and movement. We haven't been able to get the ball and when we do everything is rushed. 

Very few teams play like Liverpool, it's easy to defend with 5 when the opponent is passing it around but they don't mess around. 

Just avoid a battering now please. 

Honking, really. Justin has been alright, that's genuinely about it.

We've reverted to last season's archetype of rabbit in headlights stuff against the big boys. It was probably due, but we've offered nothing.

Kasper's kicking is diabolical, Barnes needs to start sticking the ball in the net, and Maddison is a terrible fit for these games.

Ffs just got home come on Brendan give them a kick up the arse to wake up half time we’re gonna win this 2-3 😉

plus I’m sorry to say this I know a lot of people have a love fest for Johnny Evans but at times I think you such a liability goes gung ho without thinking and it hurts is just like that goal did disappointing first half things can only get better in the second come on you foxes let’s get the win feed Barnes and Vardy let’s come out second half hit them hard !!

Liverpool will not have an easier 45 minutes all season. That was pathetic. I've no issues at all losing at Anfield but we have at least got to make them work hard. Theyve not got out of 2nd gear and have been gifted 2 goals by awful defending. Albrighton needs replacing and Tielemans hasnt turned up at all. He looks leggy which could is probably because Belgium insist on playing him every game! 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Looks like we have no gameplan at all 

The gameplan is, compact banks of 5 and 4, don't press the man with the ball and double up on the passing options.

We've absorbed most of the talent and pressure, had a couple of tasty breaks - Barnes' miss springs to mind.

We're losing to a freak unforced own goal, and Albrighton's departure from the plan to rush in and press, getting beaten when he rashly committed and allowed the killer cross.

There was a plan but against this level of opposition you need 100% discipline and a dash of luck. We've had neither.

We look very poor. Not sure why we haven't pressed, and hoofing everything and bypassing Youri and Maddison was never going to work. Poor tactics today I'm afraid, haven't worked hard enough, haven't seen anywhere near enough of the ball. Came out frightened instead of being up for it, against a weak Liverpool side. Woeful all round.

• Like 1