Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Liverpool (a) - Match Thread

Disappointing. Showing them too much respect and in such a defensive mode that we can't get going, resulting in too many hopeful long balls. Pretty sure Brendan will drum it into them that we need to get back to passing the ball and start being brave in possession.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 2

Just now, pSinatra said:

We were talking about Leicester being a bit of a soft touch not so long ago. Liverpool are masters of the dark arts & its showing. 

At least Praet doesn't mind sticking the boot in

They have been very physical all night and have won every 50/50.

Always leaving a foot in.

We haven't turned up today, passive at best. In the middle we lack any bite and they are walking through our press.

Fuchs is having a torrid time at the back, as is Albrighton.

I'd take Albrighton off for Under. 4-3-3 it have a go and go down fighting 

• Like 2

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

I feel like I'm overly harsh on Kasper, but he could probably come for the cross and the Jota header is pretty close to him. 

100% - many of us been saying this for years. For all he’s good at he’s shocking at commanding that space

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Also, that was a handball and a penalty for us earlier right? I swear in any other instance this season it's been given...so why not this time? Am I going mad?

It was hand to ball. It would have been given if it had been us. 

Hopefully this is the day this 3 atb malarky dies, the results have been way better than the actual performances but we've gotten lucky/havent come up against a side that can properly punish us yet. Also having a player of under's quality on the bench is criminal, barnes just cant be relied upon to be the difference maker in big games, he just isnt there yet.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

We look very poor. Not sure why we haven't pressed, and hoofing everything and bypassing Youri and Maddison was never going to work. Poor tactics today I'm afraid, haven't worked hard enough, haven't seen anywhere near enough of the ball. Came out frightened instead of being up for it, against a weak Liverpool side. Woeful all round.

they are not that weak same injuries as us

I despise Liverpool with a passion and this hurts. 

Team selection and individual performances letting us down. 

A hand to ball penalty turned down 

An own goal

Just need a sending off and some 16 year old coming off the bench to grab one in the second half and the night will be complete.

Just now, Staff said:

We said we had Ricardo out, that's it. He said this second string side should be beating Leicester anyway, fecking arrogant cnut 

Two things.

He said “Rodgers mentioned all Leicester’s injuries too, including Ricardo who is one of the best in the league” 

also... he’s right, this side should be beating us. And that’s how sky and klopp should have been acting all week!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I feel like I'm overly harsh on Kasper, but he could probably come for the cross and the Jota header is pretty close to him. 

He got down like a geriatric for their second.

He's a club legend but I'm amazed he seems to escape the spotlight of seemingly every outfield player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Liverpool too good, miles ahead of anyone else in the league. However, felt comfortable 1-0 down, not too much bother and could build ourselves back into it, then Albrighton defends like a 4 year old and it looks like game over 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Can’t really begrudge them the lead. They’ve been better than us. 

I can understand why we aren’t passing out from the back - it’s a dangerous game against them, and it killed us in the home game last year. 

At the same time, kick n’rush down the left side isn’t gonna be enough either. 

Need to get Tielemans into the game, as well as Maddison. Our best passers of the ball and they’ve hardly touched it.