Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Liverpool (a) - Match Thread

Standing off doesn't work as well against Liverpool because they have the quality to play their wide attackers in from deep. The decision to drop Firmino deep and stretch us out wide has been the perfect move from Klopp, and arguably 4 of our back 5 have been badly exposed by it.

We also miss an Ndidi in a game like this, just needs someone to disrupt things in the middle. Thought Praet should have started this one, our 3 central midfielders might as well not be there

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

We have a big 45 minutes coming up. If we play like the first half, we'll be lucky to get away with a 5 nil defeat. That could scar us for the rest of the season. 

BR has to change things. Youri and Maddison are not in the game. We have actually tried to played higher than I thought we would positionally and they have exploited that, dominating the midfield. 

Need to pick up the pace too. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

Just now, Bourbon Fox said:

The gameplan is, compact banks of 5 and 4, don't press the man with the ball and double up on the passing options.

We've absorbed most of the talent and pressure, had a couple of tasty breaks - Barnes' miss springs to mind.

We're losing to a freak unforced own goal, and Albrighton's departure from the plan to rush in and press, getting beaten when he rashly committed and allowed the killer cross.

There was a plan but against this level of opposition you need 100% discipline and a dash of luck. We've had neither.

But we aren't compact though we've been pretty open and there's always gaps between the back 3 positional too far apart. Not moving the ball about when we get it either. 

• Like 1

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

We've not been very productive but let's be fair:  With a decent ref and a bit better luck for Evans and this is a very different game, 2-0 flatters Liverpool.

I think 2-0 is fair based on that first half, we have offered nothing and Liverpool have been dangerous.

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Also, that was a handball and a penalty for us earlier right? I swear in any other instance this season it's been given...so why not this time? Am I going mad?

I don't think pens should be given for that but have seem them given before.

The deep lying 5-4-1 with even Vardy well inside his own half just isn't working. It's inviting the pressure on. Sort out the formation and tactics at HT Brendan FFS. Far too much respect shown to them and it's probably too late now to retrieve anything unless we can get an early goal back.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Are you watching on Sky? Carra has been really balanced about it 

We said we had Ricardo out, that's it. He said this second string side should be beating Leicester anyway, fecking arrogant cnut 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf we've been shit. 

I mean, look, bit of perspective we're having a great season and we've had some really good performances so it's really not the end of the world. 

But we've been very, very shit today. We've not turned up at all. Yeah they've moved it around quickly but they've not really had to do anything special.

If you set up like we have, then you’re inviting trouble.

Our midfield is getting over run, the annoying thing is we can see this, Rodgers can see this, and that’s why he will never be considered a top manager as tactically he can be so poor!