Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Liverpool A Post Match Thread

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

At full strength we’re still a match for anyone. And we will still push for a top four finish. We’re just not as good as Liverpool, that’s why there’s millions of pounds difference in the squad, despite their injuries. 

At full strength, I don't think we're as good as Liverpool though. 

Best, or at least, in the top 2 best club sides in Europe. 

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm not sure there's too much merit in criticising Tielemans, Maddison, etc too much. They are quite simply playing against better players and if they turn up and are in the mood pretty much every oher midfield 3 in the league will struggle against them.

This is it, Where they playing against better players or a better system of play. That was Liverpool's mainly 2nd string and they looked mile better than us.

Yes Maddison and Tielemans are good technical players but thats not quite enough in the modern game. You need the strength and pace to go with it.

Playing in the right way you can carry one but not both for 90 minutes. I just think Maddison is not right in himself and we need him back to his best.

But we have to admire the Liverpool performance, to a Man they were at it and deserved the win. 

The one good thing out of tonight's result is that it will keep the players grounded knowing that they have to do better, and they will.

Heads dropped again. Could've had a pen one minute and then fall apart against one of the big boys, same as last season.

That said we didn't deserve anything from that. Albrighton stood out as our worst performer, his strength is supposed to be crossing yet all three of his I remember we're crap. Vardy anonymous. Maddison was targeted and the ref probably should've shown a yellow to stop some of it. Other midfielders looked bewildered and out of ideas like Liverpool had sussed exactly what we wanted to do with the ball and closed every avenue and pressured every bit of space we had. Fofana lacked his precise tackling but still looked good and confident. Jonny just nodded the ball into his own net. Justin was good, joke of a yellow card mind. Dog shit ref again.

We looked so flat for so long though. Rodgers probably set us up wrong and failed to change it quickly enough, maybe we just knew we'd been figured out.

I'll be very happy to get Top 4 this season.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Bit of an over-reaction considering he's done well in other games so far this season :dunno:.

@UpTheLeagueFox think we've found an overreaction for sure lol 

There's always a player or two (Albrighton, Perez, Fuchs etc etc) who get singled out with the 'should never play for the club again' line after a bad game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hollyfox said:

At full strength, I don't think we're as good as Liverpool though. 

Best, or at least, in the top 2 best club sides in Europe. 

We’re not. Liverpool are still the best team in the league. But at full strength we are a match for most, with probably Chelsea excluded. We will put pressure on the top four spaces again. 

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Bit of an over-reaction considering he's done well in other games so far this season :dunno:.

@UpTheLeagueFox think we've found an overreaction for sure lol 

I've wanted him out since last season,he's just not a very clever player, terribly one minded, if we still employ him by next season I don't think we have the ambition we're talking about

Just now, Paninistickers said:

I'm not sure they have better players all over the park. That does them a disservice. Williams (whoever he is), Keita aren't better than our players. 

The Klopp system is extraordinary. It's as if they have 13 players. To think they were missing TAA, Thiago, Salah, VVD is incredible, regardless of the fuss that's been made about it

This is the core of it really. Liverpool's way of pressing is pretty insane and unique (especially considering how many of their players apparently have asthma 👀). Nearly every team presses nowadays but nobody does it with the intensity of Liverpool and combined with the star quality of some of their players makes them incredibly difficult to play against. Leeds play in a similar way but lack the quality and we smashed them. Man city on the other hand have the quality but not the same intensity and we beat them convincingly too. Liverpool have both and frankly need to have a serious off day for most teams to stand a chance. We remain a good side but they are currently just too good for us under most circumstances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We’re not. Liverpool are still the best team in the league. But at full strength we are a match for most, with probably Chelsea excluded. We will put pressure on the top four spaces again. 

They are the best but we should be giving them a much tougher test than we have in the last 2 encounters. 

Allinson had a cigar on the go, I'm sure of it.